Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Birchbox July 2014 Review

I wasn't expecting this months Birchbox for another 3 days, so this was a nice surprise. It ships through USPS. Which means that although I expect it to be a little slower, I can always count on it being delivered to the correct address. Wish I could say the same about some of the package delivery chains. Consistent they are not.
Birchbox was wrapped in a box that flattened out amazingly. Has it always been like this? And I am just noticing? Or is this new? Either way, I like it when my boxes automatically break themselves down for recycling. Especially since I hardly ever bother and just toss them in as is.
 This month Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health magazine. The box itself is cute.
 The theme this month is Power UP.
 Info card showing what this months box contains.
Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo - I have gotten a lot of dry shampoo this summer. I don't really even use it. I am looking for some other uses. I heard you can spray your shoes with it, to freshen them, does anyone know if that's effective?
Vasanti Detox Nurtient-Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser - This is supposed to be foamy, sulfate-free face wash. It's designed to be gently. Sometimes, when facial cleanser is too gentle, I'm left feeling it didn't actually remove my make-up. Cute bottle though. It's surprisingly much heavier than it looks.
NaoBay Body Radiance Lotion - K loves this stuff. It's organic. And eco. She reminded me we have received it before. She has reported that it's the only thing lately that has worked on her dry skin. She also tried to buy it before but was unable to find it available (did not check ebay). Since Birchbox provides a way for us to get the products they send us samples for, we now have a way to get more of it.
I was totally wondering what this cute little package could contain.
 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel. I'm not overly thrilled with the foil packets, but the contents seem quite interesting.
Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner - SOO excited to see this!! Sumita has some of the best eyeliners. This was a wonderful surprise. And obviously, my favorite item in this months box.
This is a small booklet, that contains 12 bite sized challenges. It was good for a laugh but I won't be trying these things. Keep a workout log. Pass. Change your hair part. Double Pass. Eat Veggies for Breakfast. I'll stick with my Iced Mocha. Get out of your color comfort zone. I'll stick to the clothes already in my closet. Wear Blue eyeliner. Why? Skip the mirror. Not. A. Chance. Take a cold shower. If only I was into torturing myself. Perfect your push up. Now that just makes me laugh. Out Loud. Oh, here's one I can do. Up your sleep quality. Get more sleep? Now, that's more my style.

`A

No comments:

Post a Comment