Thursday, July 17, 2014

BB, CC, and DD Creams

Ah, the latest beauty trend! The BB, CC, and DD creams. What's are they? Are you getting overwhelmed with all the choices? There are so many out now, and every beauty product manufacturer seems to have their own version. You can expect more choices to be coming soon!

Basically, these are tinted moisturizers. With Vitamins. The major differences in these products are going to be between brands, where quality is noticeable. Otherwise, when comparing BB and CC creams, you might not notice too much a difference, if at all. These creams can substitute as a primer, sunblock, moisturizer, and foundation. I personally do not use it as an all in one, unless it's an intentional light make-up day. I find it works best under a foundation. Moisturizer, primer, and sunblock are not necessarily needed.

BB Creams - Otherwise known as "Beauty Balms", or "Blemish Balms". They are good anti-aging ingredients and contain vitamins A, E and C, as well as anti-oxidants. Using a BB cream can cut down on the number of products you have to use on your skin. They are good moisturizers and usually contain sunscreen. They help even out skin tone, smooth the skin, and work as well as a primer. They are a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer, and they do provide a little coverage. Just not as much as a foundation. Works well for those with oily skin. I currently use: Stila 10-in-1 beauty balm. I use this quite often and Love stila products.
 
I recently was able to try the Jergens BB Body Cream. It's awesome!! I know, surprising coming from me. But I love the new Jergens BB Body Cream, it's amazing. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend! I received quite a few sample sizes this year. I'm almost out and need to replace with the full-size ASAP!

CC Creams - Otherwise knows as "Color Control", or "Color Correcting" Creams. They are packed with vitamins C and E. These creams really focus on color correction. They work to reduce the appearance of redness and/or to improve uneven skin tone. It brightens skin, evens out complexion, and covers blemishes. These creams have a lighter texture, more coverage, and better hydration than BB creams. Works well for those who are acne-prone. I'm currently using it Cosmetics CC+ Cream This is by far my favorite!! I now use it daily. I love that it is spf 50.


DD Creams: Otherwise know as "Dynamic Do-All" cream, or "Daily Defense" cream. These creams are said to combine the benefits of both the CC and BB creams, and balances the skin tone. The focus is on anti-aging, targets those fine lines and wrinkles. It's said to work best with continued use. I don't yet have any recommendations, as I have yet to try this kind. I'm hoping to get some soon in a subscription box. If that doesn't happen soon, then I'm leaning toward the Julep version or Dermadoctor.


 What are your favs?

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment