Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sample Society - Allure July 2014 Review

Sample Society with Allure is a monthly subscription box from BeautyBar.com. They have recently revamped the box. I had cancelled my subscription a couple months ago, because they send the tiniest of samples. Then I resubscribed when the May box looked good, but was disappointed once again with the June box. Also, when I subscribed again, the price was now $15. Just as I was about to unsubscribe again, they announce they have "revamped" the box. I have definitely criticized them in the past for not really shipping true deluxe size samples like they claimed.  I had to see what the revamp was all about. It sounds like everyone got the same box this month, with different colors on a couple items, but next month shipments will go out according to profiles.
First thing I noticed is this is now in a bright red box, with a new name, Allure Sample Society. It used to be in a black box with the name Beautybar.com Sample Society with Allure. I like the new design.
The next thing that was noticeably different is the info card. It now actually tells about the products, instead of giving beauty tips or talking about other products. I liked the old mini mags, but I'm actually a fan of receiving information about the products that are actually in the box.
First Look! I'm liking it already! They say they will be sending five deluxe samples, mix of skin, hair, makeup, and fragrance.
Butter London nail polish in "The Old Bill" $15 - Full size! LOVE! Any butter London nail polish is a hit for me, and this color just makes it that much cooler. Three different colors were available, all shiny mettallics. I love the one I got.
 
 
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris Aqua Universalie Eau de Toilette - full size cost is $175, but I don't know how to assign a value to a sample. Anyway, it's a fragrace. So, it's a complete waste on me.
Fekkai PrX Reparatives Intense Fortifying Masque - $8 This is a deep conditioning treatment, takes 5 minutes, once a week. and I've heard great things about it. I've been meaning to try this so I'm happy to see it this month. I'm also happy it truly is deluze size 1.69oz.
L'Oreal Paris Extraordinaire by Colour Riche Liquid Lipcolor in Ruby Opera - $9.99. Another FULL SIZE product! So happy to see this. I thought it was a lipstick, but after browsing through the info card I realize it's lipgloss. I LOVE the color, perfect for me.
Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01 - LOVE Full size is $36, and this is .06 oz. Which is perfect for me. I am also thrilled with the light color, instead of getting one of the bronzers from this same line. It's very shimmery and is used to accent features. This is good quality and gets excellent reviews.
 
That's it for the July Allure Sample Society box. The website says there will be a $10 coupon included to redeem at Beautybar.com. I did not get this, but from what I understand, it is posted online. This means when you log onto your account it gives you the code. I'm really glad I stuck around to see the new design. I'm thrilled with this months box, especially thrilled they now include deluxe size and full size items. It's looking like this will now be of equivalent to Birchbox and Ipsy.
 
~A
 


No comments:

Post a Comment