Monday, December 15, 2014

FabFitFun Winter 2014 Review

I woke up this morning to find our FabFitFun boxes right outside my door. It's $49.99/quarter. Each quarter they send you over $200 in Full size, Premium, Beauty, Wellness, Fitness and Fashion items.
This months box seemed like more than usual products.
I'll start with the gift cards.
Zumba 60-min DVD "Max" and $25 gift card
A- I love that the fitness item this time is a video. Just in case you can't make it to Miami for the actual class. Which I cannot. I also appreciate the $25 gift card toward a new workout outfit. They have some cute clothes online. I would have looked longer, but right now I'm sitting on my couch and can't look at any more model flat stomaches.

K-I am always happy to see workout dvds. I ended up using the gift cards to buy a sports bra and a tank top. I was really excited for free shipping so for once I was able to use a coupon from a subscription box that didn't require me to pay. I was disappointed I couldn't stack the coupons though.

Salted - 3 months free membership
A- This is basically access to cooking classes, that you can do from your own kitchen. Sounds more fun than reading a recipe.

K-I have been eyeing this website for a few months so I was super happy to try it out.

Fashion Project $30 gift card with free shipping
A- This is like an online thrift store. A portion of each purchase goes to charity.

K-The site is okay but $25 is the minimum I am seeing and shipping is $6.99 so you have to spend a couple bucks to buy something. I am again irritated that I can't stack the coupons.....but I am eyeing a pair of coach sneakers.
Justin's Classic Almond Butter (Sponsored) $.63 - K likes almond butter, so she gets mine too.
Special K Snack Bars (Sponsored) $.43 - I like this and will eat for snack tomorrow.
Organic Valley Organic Balance Milk Protein Shake  $2.99 (Sponsored) - K likes protein shakes, so she can have this one as well.
A- I was expecting the scent to be flowerly, but it really isn't, so I'm pleased. There is a hint of primrose, but it's not overpowering, so I think I can use it. It has alpha hydroxyl acids to encourage cell renewal and minimize the appearance of wrinkles and age spots. Sounds great.

K-This was too floral for me. I wasn't a fan so it is getting swapped. 

A- I am thrilled to get a new eye cream, and one with retinol is awesome. 

K-I am actually excited for this and so far I am liking it.
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive $39
A- This is supposed to be like spa quality exfoliation, and a brightener. I've yet to try a juice beauty product, but I know they are made of natural ingredients. I'm happy to get this.

K- This was the spoiler and I love any beauty products that are organic so I am happy to try it out.

your Minerals Assorted Eye Shadow Duo $44
A- I do like mineral eye shadows, but I probably still wont' wear it. The colors are pretty though.

K-I was happy I got to pick my colors, but I am not a huge fan of mineral makeup. I am allergic the nickel and I learned a really hard lesson a few years ago that some mineral makeup brands use nickel and my face swelled up! So this is also getting traded.

A- This necklace represents the fight against hunger. Half of all profits go to feed children in need. The necklace is made from recycled bullet casings. I'm not sure I get the connection of a bullet representing feeding hungry children, but I support the cause.

K-I love this necklace. I picked out the silver. 

A- I was soo excited to see this, but unfortunately the fragrance is way too strong for my sensitive soul. This is made of coconut wax, supposed to burn clean, no harmful toxins in the air. Unfortunately, this does not smell anything like coconut, which I would have loved. It's more like perfume. Which I do not love.

K-I was so in love with this non toxic candle....until I smelled it...YUCK. I ended up trading for the ginger root one and that one had a much lighter scent that had a citrus twist to it. 

A- This box was worth over $380, which is way more than we paid. Even though I wont' be using ever item, I'm still very happy with the box this time. I think the items are cool. Also, there seems to be a heavier focus on charity this month, which I'm happy to see.

K- I am disappointed with the box....I only really liked the bullet necklace, the juice beauty, and the eye cream. I am not sure why this was gift card heavy but I would rather have usable items! I am really hoping next box improves from this, because at $50 I would have to cancel!

No comments:

Post a Comment