Saturday, December 20, 2014

Quarterly Co Beauty Box #1 Review

Quarterly Co Beauty Box #1 arrived today. I knew I was getting a Quarterly Box today, but I just wasn't sure which one. I also wasn't sure what to expect, since this is the first beauty box. It turns out, it's a bunch of stuff from previous boxes, so we have definitely seen most of the items before. The cost was $75 + shipping, and it was guaranteed to have over $100 worth of items.
Muy Cool T Shirt By Splengish $55- This was from the Nina Garcia Box #NGQ02. I like this. I had only felt ok about it when I first got it, but the more I wear it the more I actually really like it. This is super comfortable. K wanted it last time, but since I got it she is getting this one.
O.P.I. nail polish, Greenade $7 -  by #NG. This is a custom color designed exclusively for this Nina Garcia box #NGQ02. I didn't care for it the first time I got it, and I haven't changed my mind this time around.
Revive Moisturizing Renewal Night Serum $47 - Also from the #NGQ02 box - I am THRILLED to get this again. LOVED it last time, LOVE it this time! This brand is so expensive (full size is $235) that I would not be buying this on my own.
Richer Poorer Socks Savant Blue/Yellow - $12 + 12 - This is from the Harry Shum Jr. Box #HSJ01. These are a mens item, clearly labeled mens item, and mens sizes 6-12. Two pairs included. Two. I do not like these.
K is going to use them. See, she is home for the weekend and once again she showed up with no socks. Seriously, I don't know what happens to all her socks. She loses them faster than I can get her stocked up. This does not bother her.
Surya Brasil Sapien Women Shave GelThis - $20.39 is from the Nina Garcia #NGQ03 box. This is Vegan, Natural. This is also free from Parabens, BHT, EDTA, Sulfates, Phthalates and Synthetic Fragrance. I'm sending this home with K, along with other necessities such as shampoo and shower gel.
CK One Color Pure Color Lipstick in Kiss it - $8.97 This was from the #NGQ03 box.
LAFCO floral soap, Fresh Cut Gardenia $17 - This is from the #NGQ02 box. I feel the same way I did the first time I received this, the scent is way too strong and florally for me.
Flight 001 D.I.Y Dopp Bag - $25 this is from the #HGQ02 - The bag is kind of cute. But, I do not have any use for this. I travel way too much to not already own enough of these types of items.

There was a total value of around $204, which is double what they guaranteed us. I didn't know this would be a bunch of repeat items, but this makes sense as they probably have extra stock from some things. We are not able to use everything, but the items we will be using make the value of the box. The only item I'm disappointed to see included is the socks. And that goes for both pairs.  I mean, why, just why? This was supposed to be a women's box. If they had left the socks out I would have been perfectly content with the contents as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment