Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Popsugar Must Have Special Holiday Edition 2014 Review

I feel like I'm the last person on earth to get my Special Edition Holiday box this year, so I was thinking it's about time. Normally we are one of the first, because we are on the West Coast, not sure what happened this year.
 
It's worth noting that the Special Edition Holiday box was really big. I didn't even recognize this was a subscription box delivery. Seriously. I thought to myself, "Oh Angie. I told you cut down on mixing cocktails and online Holiday shopping sprees." My second thought was "Cool, what'd I get myself?" I've surprised myself more than once this month. I'm just assuming Black Friday must have been awesome for me this year. 
 
What I love the most about the Special Edition boxes is that everything is individually wrapped. I don't know why, but it makes it feel so darn special.
Loeffler Randal Envelope Clutch $70 - I did not open mine, so I am borrowing a pic from another blogger. I am not sure if this is rude or not, but I hope not. I intend to swap mine. I have no use for a clutch. Also, this is bigger than a wallet, but too small to be useful.
Turkish Tee Diamond Throw $65- This was designed for PopSugar. It's much bigger than I thought, 50X70, it actually is blanket size. This is also slightly thinner than I imagined, but it's thicker than the Turkish Towels. I guess it's what can be called "lightweight". I kinda like it.
Habit Cosmetics 21 Nefertiti - $18 This color has gold specks in it, although you can't see from this pic. I guess it's called Myrrh. It's a mocha color with a copper sheen. Not my color. It's 5-FREE, vegan, Cruelty Free, and Gluten free. I was unaware nail polish could have gluten in it. Is that a thing? Not having gluten in nail polish?

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment - $22 This is the item I was most excited to try. I'm happy to see it, I just wish the size were a little bigger. Papaya, Pineapple, and Pumpkin Enzymes are formulated to naturally exfoliate dead skin cells, without over-drying. I'm waiting until this weekend to try just in case it really does dry me out.
 Droga Chocolates Money on Honey - $7.95 Well, it's a snack. So, as you can imagine I've already sampled. This came with 4 chocolates. I thought it was going to be honey, but it actually is chocolate covered caramel. I guess the caramel is made with wildflower honey. It's yummy.
RMS Beauty Living Luminizer and Brightening Brush - $50 I don't quite have the hang of using luminizers. At least not without looking oddly pale in the wrong places. I intend to keep trying though.
Illume Gilded Amberleaf Metallic Knob Tin - $23.50 I saw spoilers, but I still wasn't sure what was in this box. The candle case is so pretty and luxe. Unfortunately, the candle itself smells like a god awful really strong perfume. I can't handle it and I'm glad it has a lid. I've already boxed it back up.
I may not be keeping most of the items, but I'm actually happy with the box. I feel this was well curated and a good mix of luxe items for this time of year.
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment