Saturday, March 22, 2014

Macy's Impulse Beauty Get The Pulse Glam It Up Set - REVIEW

 Impulse Beauty Get the Pulse Glam It Up Set

I just received the Macy's Impulse Beauty Get the Pulse Glam it Up Set - Couldn't resist. It was $30, and is listed to be an $85 value. I ordered online. It came in a pretty box with pictures of the items on top. The back has the descriptions of the items.  
 
 
 
 

I think this shiny box is truly really pretty. It's not as dark as it looks in the picture, it's more shiny and reflective. I love that it came in such classy packaging.

 Butter London "Knees Up" Nail Lacquer $15 - I love Butter London nail polish. I discovered it at the airport. Really. There is a Butter London nail salon at SeaTac airport, and I stopped once on my way out of town and have been in love with the brand since. I have plenty of nail polish, and plenty of red shades, but I did not have this particular one. This is probably the prettiest shiny red I own, it's a metallic red. It's mini size, as is everything in this box, but it's not too small to be useful. Great size for travel.
Cargo Eyeshadow Duo $20- I couldn't find the exact colors for the link. I haven't decided if this will be useful or not. I really don't wear much eye shadow, but occasionally it calls for it. I prefer the brown/neutral tones, mixed with some type of color liner. I pretty much only wear my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, but that never goes in my travel bag, and travelling is when I'm most likely to go to a dinner that requires full makeup.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original -  $20 - I LOVE this. I already own this in full-size and travel sizes. Discovering this item is the primary reason I started wearing eye shadow again. No creases, no fading, no streaking. It's the best eye shadow primer I've ever used.
BareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara $18 - Another mascara sample to throw in the pile. I don't care for mascara samples. It's unlikely I'll ever try this. When I find a mascara I really like, I tend to stick with it until it's discontinued. Then at that point, I will try at least 10 different brands until I find a new combination I am happy with. Right now I'm using a Loreal brand for the primer and the Butterfly for the color, and I'm loving the combo, even if it's two different bottles. I would love to have a weekend trip makeup bag all in small sample size that is sitting there waiting for me to grab and go. But I don't see me ever giving up full size mascara. Not even for a weekend.
BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie LipGloss $18 - I'm thrilled to get this lip gloss. I just received last week the Marvelous Moxie lipstick in my ipsy bag, but that was in a different color. I'll probably try the colors together just to see what it looks like. Cuz that's how I roll.
Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Retinoid Eye Repair $66 - We are huge philosophy fans in this house. We love the brand. I'm thrilled to see this and it's already in my travel bag. I will use it all up for sure.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Zero - This is automatically going in the gift box. Now that I have been using Sumita and Chilla eye liners, I'm not even interested in anything else. Besides, this is more crayon type, and I really like the kinds that are more liquid. Now that I've discovered them, well, I'm just never going back.

Perfume Samples - Ugh. It was very sweet of Macy's to throw in extra samples for buying from the Impulse dept. But I just can't stand perfume. Ever. I am building a bag of perfume samples, that will be a great giveaway for someone who would like to try different perfumes. That person is someone I have obviously never met. I know those kinds of people (perfume likers) are out there in this big world of ours. But my close circle is, for the most part, fragrance free.  The samples are Marc Jacobs Daisy, Calvin Kelin euphoria, and Versace Eros (for men). As much as I hate perfume, I actually do love a light smelling cologne on guys. Unlike perfume it never gives me a headache. It's still going in the gifting box because there is still no use for it in this household.
The last item is a pretty cool wristlet, and the primary reason I was convinced to buy this set. It's shiny black and perfect size. It will work great for when I have to carry stuff around and don't want an entire purse, such as when I'm traveling. It will fit all my important stuff. Like LipGloss. Also my cell phone and much more. It could even work as a weekend trip makeup bag, but I'm not going to use it that way.

I'm happy with this purchase. I would say this set is a good value for what I paid, which was $30. The box lists the items at $85. The prices I have listed are full-size prices, because that's what I could easily find. I love the variety of items and that they are all known brands. The items I will be using I'm likely to use up entirely.

Please comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

~A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment