Friday, March 28, 2014

GLOSSYBOX - MARCH 2014 REVIEW

Just received my monthly GlossyBox. I never know when this box is going to arrive. It's all over the place. This is the 2nd one I've gotten this month, because Februarys box didn't make it until March 1st. This company is known to have issues with shipping, so that just something to know before you commit. Shipping is free by the way. Mostly everything is sample size, but they include full size items as well. This month I'm listing out the full size costs, but I'll let you know which one is the full size one....in case it isn't obvious.

 I really do like these cute pink boxes. I think they're classy.
 As always, such a beautiful welcome! I appreciate the info card that's included. Tells me what I'm getting. I read last.

 First look at what's included this month. I post in the order I pull the items out.
Alterna Haircare Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand - Full size is $22. I think my mom would like to try this, so I'm passing it on to her.
 Etre Belle Cosmetics Lip Lift Peel - Full size is $17.80 This is an exfoliator for your lips. It removes dead cells and refines the surface skin.
 Nails Inc Brook Street Nail Polish - Full size is $9.50. I placed a penny in the pic for scale. This color is like a coral, which is great for spring/summer. Nails inc is supposed to be super glossy. I've never tried this brand. I looked around the website a little, and I really love the caps on their home page.
 Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask - Full size $158 I received this in another box once, a much bigger size, but I have still not tried it. This face mask is supposed to be good for anti-aging, and who doesn't love that?
Alex and Ani Scent 7 Body Mist - Full size $18 I am not a fan of fragrance. Not at all. And I know this about myself. Yet for some reason I opened this up and immediately sprayed on my wrist. I thought it would be a very light scent. It's not too bad, but the scent is definitely not for me. I tried washing it off within two seconds. I have used lemon soap (twice), Dawn dishwasher soap (also twice), and then dial soap. I can still smell it. It's like the super glue of smells. So, just know this is if you ever try it.

Alex and Ani Charm Bangle - $28 This was a bonus item. It's a charm bracelet. I got the Dragonfly, which I love. The info card has a picture of a swan, and there is another information card that talks about a swam. But I like the Dragonfly much better. The bracelet bangle is very adjustable. It is well constructed, for what it is. The charm itself is well constructed. The bracelet is what it is. And the other 3 little charms, well I don't even understand them. This charm would look much better on a necklace so I'll be deconstructing this and only keeping what's useful. I'm thrilled to see this surprise because it's something other than a makeup/skincare/hair item. I like those kinds of surprises.

I paid $21, shipping was included. I feel kind of blasé about this months box. There isn't any one thing I'm all that excited to see. The Black Rose Face Mask, except I haven't even tried the it when I got it last time. I hear it's fabulous though. It should be it cost $158. We'll have to see what GlossyBox has in mind for us next month!

If you are interested in GlossyBox, please let us know and we will send you a referral code. I don't believe it does anything for you, but we will receive Glossypoints for it.

~A


No comments:

Post a Comment