Wednesday, March 5, 2014

GlossyBox January 2014 Review

I am finally posting the GlossyBox for January. I thought it already had been posted but it wasn't, so here it is.



The fist item was the Original Beauty Blender ($19.95) this was a released spoiler. I was very excited to see this in the box! Blending sponges seem to be all the rage right now. Personally, I love my Tarte Bamboo brush for blending in my foundation, but I am still very excited to try this. I loved that it came with a cleanser too! my mother managed to get the solid cleanser and I got the gel, I am very happy I got the gel. 

Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Casual Sea Salt Texturizing Spray ($6.25) I have collected a few sea salt sprays in the past but never brought myself to actually use them. I have VERY thick wavy hair and I straighten it every single day. I couldn't imagine walking out of the house without it straightened, so I never just sprayed something in my hair and called it good, but I really want to break out of my comfort zone and try something new! The only thing I was not happy about with the product is that it has parabens in it. But I do look forward to trying it out.

BellaPierre Cosmetic Mineral Blush (color: Desert Rose) ($20) I loved that this is full sized and it's a great shade for my fair skin. I am looking forward to trying this out. this one is also paraben free. 

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash ($5.67) I was really happy to see clear on the label "99% organic origin". I liked the smell,which on the website is a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium, and lavender essential oils. 

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream ($9.18) I have been having issues with really dry skin lately due to the weather so I have been experimenting with moisturizers. This one seemed to work really well and doesn't have any parabens listed in the ingredients. But the smell! It is way to fragrant and has an artificial floral-like smell to it, so it is making it hard to use. I am surprised no one else has complained about the scent!

Overall I really enjoyed this box. The total calculated value came to around $61.05 and I received this as part of the three month Groupon special, so I got a great value! I am very happy with my GlossyBox subscription and definitely wanting to renew it.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment