Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Quarterly Co Nina Garcia #NGQ02 - March 2014 Review

I finally received my #NGQ02 Nina Garcia Box! I got it yesterday, but was not able to do a review until today. This is one of those boxes we most look forward to! See if you agree! As always, I post in the order I pull it out of the box!

 Nina Garcia always includes a nice information packet in the box. She explains why she picked each item for this spring box. Nina Garcia is celebrating her 5th anniversary at Marie Claire. She also includes tips on how to wear pieces. I don't even know her, but I don't think I'm alone in being really proud of her.
 One of my favorite aspects of this box is the fact that everything is individually wrapped. And the tissue paper is stamped with #NGQ02. I love it!!

Jason Rouge Perfume - This scent is supposed to work well on both men and women. I do not like perfume, so this automatically goes into the gift basket.


 Charming Charlie Wallet - This wallet is so cute, floral pattern. K has been looking for a new wallet and this fits her perfectly.

 O.P.I. nail polish, Greenade by #NG. This was created exclusively for this Nina Garcia box. Neither one of us wear green nail polish, so this is going into the gift basket. I suspect one of my nieces will love it.

 
C Wonder Bangle and Sterling Silver Shark Tooth Necklace. K called both of these. They fit her style more than they fit mine.

 K was really hoping for the one with skulls, so we are so thrilled to see this. I had to take a close up pic to show the ruby eyes.
 

 LAFCO floral soap, Fresh Cut Gardenia - This scent is very very very strong. It overwhelms everything else around. I think it's a cool luxury soap, I'm sure it's very nice. But, I cannot handle the floral scent. Just to give you an idea of how strong this is.....I opened the box and found the soap paper wrapped. I left that alone, and added a cellophane wrap. I then wrapped it in a dryer fabric softener, hoping it would absorb some of the smell. Then I placed that in the box. Then I placed the entire thing in a ziplock bag. Today, the scent is stronger than ever. Anyway, I know someone who loves Gardenia's so this is going to her tomorrow.
 
 Revive's Moisturizing Renewal Serum - I love face serums! I'm keeping this one.

Spenglish Muy Cool Oversized T-Shirt. Large comfy tee, I really liked it. It means "very cool" in English.

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Compact - That's me in the mirror, ah, what do you do?! This is bronzer, cheek color, and glow. It's an easy natural no make-up glow that looks soft and sun-kissed. Includes 1 bronzer, 2 cheek veils, and 2 glow veils. I really like this set, but I have yet to decide if I'll be keeping to use for myself or gifting to someone special. What I really like about this is the helpful info cards that are built right into this set. Genius.

 

Philosophy Time in a bottle - This is by far my favorite item in the box. I love that when you are ready to use you mix the ingredients together. I think this preserves it until you are actually ready to use. Nina says she uses on a daily basis, and she looks great. We are big Philosophy fans in this house, so this is a hit for us!
Graphic Image Pocket Notes Notebook and X-Pen Ballpoint Pen.  - This was one of the spoilers that was released. The pen has Nina's signature on it. We were hoping for a different color notebook. It's super cute. I really like the size, because it fits perfect into a handbag. I personally don't carry a notebook around, I like to carry as less as possible. So, this is going into the gift basket.

Fausto Puglisi Collage - This was created for Nina Garcia to celebrate her 5th anniversary at Marie Claire. I do not personally have a use for this. I wish I could share how this is special for her, and I also think I'm not appreciating it the way it was intended.  
 

Marie Claire magazine - I love that the Spring Edition was included this month!

 Happy Chic By Jonathan Adler Picture Frame - We think this is really cute. It's a good weight and very quality. We are debating if we put this in the guest bath with a nice picture, or if we place it in the gift basket. Just not sure yet. We love the chevron print.
 

 
Pret-A-Portea - This is a package of two tea bags. This is also one of my favorite items in the box. I LOVED this, it is so cute and funny we cracked up as soon as we saw it. Neither one of us drink tea. I will be finding the perfect person to gift this to. I have shown pics of both the front of the package and the back. Basically, one bag is Nina attached to a tea bag, and her arms out, they keep the tea bag from falling into the cup. It's just funny. The 2nd bag is her 5th year celebration.

Once again, this box had a good mix of products that I like and that K likes. I'm really happy we can each get something we really like from it. I'm looking forward to the next one!

~A


No comments:

Post a Comment