Friday, March 14, 2014

New Beauty TestTube - March 2014 Review

New Beauty TESTTUBE 

 March 2014 Review

 
Just got the New Beauty Testtube. I always seem to get my boxes a day later than everyone else. But I guess that's how it is sometimes. I wasn't expecting anything to be delivered today, so I'm actually pretty excited to get a box. I paid $38.90 ($29.95 and $8.95 for shipping) for this box. This is only the 2nd box I've gotten from New Beauty. I did not post a review to the box I got in January. I thought the contents were just OK. I really like this months box a lot better!!
 

The box is wrapped in tissue paper. This comes in a pink box, And it's labeled that it's from New Beauty. Sometimes subscription boxes show up in a plain cardboard box, and it's tough to tell who their from. New Beauty TestTube includes an info booklet. I really like info cards because they tell me what the product is and give me a little more information. Sometimes it's hard for me to intuitively know if an oil or serum is designed for hair or face, so info cards help clear up any confusion before I can, well, become confused. I actually like that this one is in a pamphlet book form.


 There was a sample pack included. These are bonus items, I guess. They are not on the info card.
Rodial Stemcell Super-food facial oil. This was a foil packet that was included. I almost overlooked it, I thought it was an advertisement. It says it's an extra light serum that targets dehydration and fine lines for an instant glow. Looks like this is from a UK company. The website says it's the latest in stemcell technology. It's also rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamins A, B5, C and E.
 Perlage face primer. I found this face primer on Ebay, but was unable to find it's own website. This size is going for $3.99. I have placed this next to a bottlecap for size reference. The other item in the picture is Sothys Masque Micro-dermabrasion Mask. Also, was not able to find a website for this one. I have never heard of either of these brands. Either way, sample size, and I'll try it.

 This is a pic of the box. As always, I post in the order I pull out.

it Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Powder Brush. The website says it's the Heavenly Luxe Brush is an ultra-addicting, ultra-plush all over powder brush that delivers flawless, airbrushed application. K LOVES it Cosmetic Products. She already has a good brush she uses. This brush delivers a flawless airbrushed application every time! I am thrilled to get it! It's one of my favorite items of this box!
 

 Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment - This is a face mask. And the 1st item I pulled out of the tube. As always, I post in the order I pull them out of the box! I've never heard of this brand, but I do like trying different face masks. This was designed as a 10-minute facial in a jar, to get you camera ready. Which sounds good because nowadays you never know when someone pulls out their IPhone.

 Mally High Shine Liquid Lipstick - I got Mally eyeliner last month, and it's nice to see another Mally product. It gets good reviews, people say it's not too sticky and very moisturizing. The color is Mallys Look. It's a lip primer, lip gloss, lipstick, and liner all in one. Sounds cool.

 It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Lite - This is my second favorite product in this box. We love the it's a 10 brand. We have never tried the "lite" version, and I'm not completely sure what the difference is between this and the regular kind, but I think it's because this one doesn't have Keratin. This spray works well for protecting against heat damage and preventing colored hair from fading, boosts volume, enhances shine and detangles. All without the heavy buildup. I'm thrilled this is travel size because this will go right in my travel bag. Normal size is 4 oz, and I got the 2 oz size.

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil Rollerball - FULL Size. This IS my favorite item in the box this month. K just did a review on this, click here to read. This is one of our favorite brands. This can be applied anywhere on the face, helps brighten dark circles under eyes, and helps fade acne scars and discoloration. This delivers firmer, brighter, and smoother-looking skin. Now in a travel friendly rollerball. The brand is Paraben free, phthalates free and NO synthetic fragrances.

 Lumene Vitamin C+ Pure Radiance Night Cream. I've tried this brand but not this particular product. This cream nourishes dry, damaged skin back to healthy. I like face creams, so I'll try this because the fragrance doesn't appear to be too strong.

 ORLY Haute Red Nail Polish -  I love the color. I wear a lot of Red nail polish, although lately I've been experimenting with other colors (and textures and patterns). But Red is always my go-to, and this is actually a very nice shade. These nail lacquers are supposed to help improve and maintain nail health while delivering long-lasting, salon quality polish. Quality brand.

Grandelash-MD Grande Mascara - with lash boosting serum. I also took this pic next to a bottle cap, for size reference. I'm not personally a fan of sample size mascaras, their about as fun as little foil packets, so this is a throw-away item for me. I really need full size mascara to get a good feel for the product. This mascara is supposed to make lashes look better while it goes to work behind the scenes to boost their growth. The color is black.

Bioxidea Miracle 48 Excellence Diamond - This is a gentle and brightening face mask that combats the visible signs of aging and leaves skin soft and polished. This is the kind of mask that is best described as a cloth that is dripping in serum. You place this over your face, with the cutout eyes and mouth in the right places, and just sit and relax for about 30 minutes. After that you can rub the rest of the serum into your skin. It makes your skin really soft. I have gotten this mask in several different boxes, and I really do love them. I have never tried the Diamond one, so that's great. This also works well for sensitive skin.
 
I'm happy with the value of the box this month. Definitely worth more than the $38.90 I paid. I'm also much happier with it than my 1st box, which was really, just OK. If you are interested in the New Beauty TestTube box, email me and I can send you a referral code. They do not list on the website how much you will save, only that you will have a savings if you are referred. Email to brierreview@gmail.com and I will send you a link.
 
~A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment