Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Clarisonic Mia Review


I wanted to do a review on my staple face cleansing tool my Clairisonic MIA. I have had this for a little over a year now and I cannot imagine my life without it! When I first heard about it I could not justify spending $125 on a face tool, so I sold my old textbooks to amazon.com and received a gift card and purchased it with that. Now that I have spent the money I would do it again if it broke! My skin has improved so much over the year and I don't feel clean without it. I have combination skin and very prone to breakouts and ever since using my Mia my skin has become more balanced, less red around my nose and chin, less black heads in my t-zone, my pores have gotten smaller, and I have less breakouts. This nifty device has been life changing. I also love that the charger is magnetic and that the device is completely water proof so if you want to use it in the shower you can.  

There are a few things that I wish were better with this device though. I wish the charge lasted longer. Typically it lasts a week for me; but the most annoying thing is that there is not any indication it is going dead until it dies, which just so happens to be right after I apply the face wash to my face and it wont start! I wish it would let you know when its running low on power so I didn't have those mornings. 

The next thing I really don't like is how expensive the replacement heads are. One head is $25 or you can buy a two pack for $40 and you need to replace them every 3-4 months. I wish they were more affordable! The price is way over priced! I tried to buy replacement heads off of Groupon, but they were horrible and felt like they scratched a layer of my skin off! 

The last thing is the hygienic of the device. I learned a few tricks over the year to help. First, I always make sure to take the head off after using now to let the head and the device dry separately. I didn't do this at first and when I went to replace the head, both the head and inside device had built up pink soap scum and it grossed me out. Since I have been drying them separately I haven't had this issue. I also started washing the head with antibacterial soap once a week and have also sprayed with rubbing alcohol from time to time and let it dry completely to kill any bacteria left. I only do this if I feel like its getting gross as I hear alcohol isn't the best to use on the synthetic brush material. Even with these draw backs I love this machine so much and would never go back to not having it in my life!




Recently I have heard of a new tool on the market called the Foreo Luna that seems interesting to try. This machine is described as "a silicone facial brush for sensitive to normal skin that channels both T-sonic pulsations for deep and gentle cleansing, and lower-frequency pulsations to reduce the signs of aging." The Luna is more expensive than the Mia ringing in at $199, but it doesn't require any replacement heads so its a one time expense. They claim it is more hygienic because the silicon doesn't allow bacteria to grow. But I am not sure I would be as happy with it because all it does is vibrate against your face and doesn't provide a deep cleanse. Maybe one day I will try it out though.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment