Tuesday, March 18, 2014

ipsy Glam Bag March 2014 Review

ipsy Glam Bag - Destination Beauty

Just received my first ipsy Glam Bag! I have been on the waiting list since December, so I'm pretty thrilled to finally get this. ipsy sends you 4 products each month, and this month there was 11 choices. You don't get to choose what is in your bag, but you do get to see the other stuff you didn't get. You will know ahead of time what they are sending you if you look up your account online. Which I did. I wish I had gotten the Nail Polish - Roughles by Nicole by OPI. It's even textured. I would have put this in K's Easter basket. Not because she needs more nail polish, but because it reminds me of Robins egg candy. The bag came in bright flashy pink packaging, so hard to miss. I love it.

 
The theme is Destination Beauty. I'm not sure if different bags have different destinations?  
I love that it comes with a makeup bag each month. It is a little smaller than I had imagined. But either way, I'm collecting these types of bags so I can fill them with goodies at Christmas and hand them out. The bag is exclusive to ipsy, and the zipper even says ipsy on it. It's comes with a tag explaining the inspiration for the bag. This print is from artist Klari Reis geography-based series, "Street Anatomy", and showcases San Francisco (Reis' hometown and ipsy headquarters).


NYX Love in RIO - $6 This is full size. I'm not a huge fan of eyeshadows, but I do like these colors. It is definitely going in the gift basket. I get a lot of eye shadows, but I'm very please with my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, especially considering how I rarely wear it.


Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer -$9 This is sample size. I have received several items from other boxes of this brand, and I'm happy with the brand. I am equally happy with the primers I am currently using. So, I'm not quite sure yet if I will be keeping or gifting. More than likely I'll be keeping.

bareMinerals marvelous MOXIE Lipstick get ready - $5 This is sample size. I put the quarter there for context. I LOVE this color, Love the brand, and I actually LOVE the size. Fits perfect in my travel purse. I'm very happy with this!

 Chella eyeliner pen Indigo Blue - $24 This is full size. And I Love This!!! I love everything about it, the color, the smoothness, the fine tip point, and Paraben free!!! The website states "Straight Line to Loveliness! This silky eyeliner glides on to define, emphasize and embolden with long lasting vibrant color that stays on until you want it gone!". It's waterproof. That's awesome.

I do wish I had gotten the nail polish, so I'll probably be looking for that. I have already done a search and the Roughles by Nicole by OPI is NOT anywhere. Maybe it will make it's way to retail soon? If anyone wants to trade the eyeshadow or the primer, please email me and let me know! brierreview@gmail.com

I paid $10 for the ipsy Glam Bag. I came up with a total value of $44. I didn't really know what to expect from ipsy, but I am happy with this subscription and I can't wait to see what's in store for next month.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment