Monday, January 18, 2016

Allure Beauty Box January 2016 Review

Allure Beauty Box is curated from the editors of the Allure Magazine. It promises at least 5 sample, deluxe items ever month. $15 monthly. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.
This is also a nice quality box, but generally much smaller than some of the others. There is an info card included, and nowadays it actually talks about the products included in the curation. There is only samples included, so I don't bother with the value.
Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Lavender + Sage - At first I thought this was another cream. But this is actually an all-natural, vegan, and cruelty-free deodorant. Has Lavender so I'm not even going to try. Maybe K will?
Derma E Hydrating Night Crème  - I do like the Derma E cream, I've gotten it quite a few times. This cream deeply hydrates skin to diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles by replumping with moisture. There is a light fragrance with this one that I'm not overly fond of.
Skinn Cosmetics Caviar Lip Cream in Ruby - This is definitely my favorite item this month. I am unfamiliar with this brand, but I really love the color.
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - A gentle oil-based facial cleanser for normal to dry skin. I have received this many times over the years, and just nope. I don't care how much people preach about the benefits of oil, I will never get used to it. Perhaps I should try on my hands? I could always use more moisture there during the dry skin winter months.
Erno Laszlo Transphuse Eye Refiner - Wow, full size is $105. This is an eye cream that plumps up dry and blah skin. It does the usual, decreases fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, and moisturizes. I was told the last time I got a facial, that I am over moisturizing around my eyes. I did not know there was such a thing, so I'm taking it a little easier nowadays.
Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in Black Navy - Mally is a good brand for eyeliners. This is a deep blue waterproof gel eyeliner. I've also received this many times. I like that this has a corrector on the end to help with blending.
Trust Fund Beauty nail polish in Champagne Problems - Full size included. This is a glittery gold metallic color, and is really pretty. It's five free so it's free of the bad stuff. It says it dries to a muted color, so I think that means it's more matte than shiny. I received the similar one last month called Champagne Socialite.
Here is a pic of the entire box. This is not my favorite month, but I do like the lipstick. I also wish they wouldn't use the white shredded stuffing, that stuff just gets all over. And frankly I don't always clean the items before I snap pics. Oh well.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment