Wednesday, April 9, 2014

QVC New Beauty TestTube - April 2014 Review

Today I received the QVC New Beauty Testtube! This is different than the regular New Beauty Test Tube. It still comes in a tube, and it still includes the New Beauty magazine, but has different products. This is my first box from the QVC version. I signed up for auto delivery to get the other remaining box this year, which I believe will ship in August. I did not get a good pic of the all pink testtube, so I skipped that. But it looks the same as the others, a cardboard tube that holds all the products. It comes with 8 products. I'm not sure how often sign up is available? I think I got lucky and it happened to be open when I checked. It costs $29.96+$6.72 shipping, plus tax. I paid a total of $40.16.

 This months magazine is featuring Salma Hayek.
 St. Tropez Self Tanning Bronzing Mousse - This is supposed to dry within 60 seconds. As usual, you should really moisturize first, especially those knees, ankles, & feet. You are supposed to pump this into the applicator mitt and then apply, but the mitt did not come with this mouse. I'm sure another mitt would work just fine. I usually do not use a mitt to apply, but I do make sure I thoroughly wash my hands immediately after use. I have never tried this brand before, but it is supposed to be non-streaking, which is the most important thing for a self-tanner. My self-tanner secret is till to apply moisturizer, with a SPF, then self-tanner, then lay in the sun for a few hours. It really works to keep the color looking the most natural.
Mally High Shine Liquid Lipstick in Blossom - I do own this liquid lipstick, just not in this color. I really do like the applicator, it's different and cool. It's like a makeup brush, but this is not sticky lipgloss, its more lipstick. I'm thrilled to get another one.
Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream - This is kinda pricey. I like pricey face creams that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You are supposed to see results within 10 days. We'll see about that. This is best used over your favorite serum.
Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo and Conditioner - This shampoo/conditioner is full of lots of vitamins. It's says its gentle, but it does not say sulfate free. Either way, I like the travel size, so into my travel bag it goes.
Wen Smoothing Glossing Serum for hair- Am I the last person on earth to try Wen products? I still have not gotten around it. But I will say, this is a very pleasant fragrance. I love fruit smells, and really love pomegranate, and this is a win for me.
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - I've never tried this, but I know plenty of folks are raving about it. I will be trying it just to see what all the fuss is about. The size I got was .25 oz. This is pretty good size considering it's a serum and really doesn't take much.
Murad Essential-C Cleanser - Murad is one of my favorite brands, and one I discovered solely from sub boxes. It's kind of plain packaging, understated. And I don't know if it's the vitamin c, but I'm really loving what it does for my skin. I have not tried the face cleanser, so I am thrilled to get this.
Doll 10 H2Glo Highlighter - This highlighter has skin boosting ingredients, vitamins, antioxidants. This line has anti-aging ingredients. I get a little overwhelmed with all the different uses between highlighters, bronzers, illuminators, or brighteners....and other stuff I just can't quite think of. You just don't want to use all at once. Highlighters are what you use for contouring. The Doll 10 formula is supposed to refrain from settling into fine lines or wrinkles.

I'm very happy with the QVC Test Tube and looking forward to the August box.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment