Thursday, January 15, 2015

PopSugar Must Have Box January 2015 Review

There are two camps of people with January's PopSugar box. Those who absolutely hate it, and those who are thrilled with it. I'm with the latter. This is not only one of the best boxes released month, but it's also in my top favorite box ever from PopSugar. First we were obsessively looking for spoilers, and once they came out we were completely excited when we found out what we were getting. And now that it's here it's even more exciting.
 
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - $30. This item alone made the box for me! Seriously, this is the best stuff on earth! Paraben, Sulfate, and Phthalate free.  I received in an Allure box a few years ago, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be getting it again. I just recently ran out. This is one item I scrapped every single bit out of the container. This was on my list to buy next trip to Ulta, but no need now. I am so happy to see this again, I am trying to swap for a few more over on MSA. It's a moisturizer cream for face and elsewhere. I tend to use it more elsewhere since I have so much face serums and moisturizers already. I really like it for hands. When I do get the occasional dry spot on my face, one little drop just before bedtime eliminates the issue before morning. Seriously. Best. Stuff. On. Earth.
ToGoSpa Ice Water Eyes - $9.99. This includes 3 under treatments, and you wear them for 15-20 min.  I was so happy this was included, I have been wanting/needing some new eye patch treatments. Unfortunately, I found out there is lavender in the formula and I'm so disappointed I can't use them.
 Nature Valley Protein Peanut Butter N' Dark Chocolate Granola  - $8.50. I love that PopSugar always includes a snack with their boxes. I love it even more when I don't have to cook it myself (talking to you cookie dough & vanilla cupcake mixes).
Skin Jewel Tattoos - $18 How can I best explain these? I love the concept, I think they're cool. But, I don't feel like the quality is quite where it needs to be. This packet includes both silver and gold, and both are very shiny. Too shiny. Which is what is giving it that cheap only-ok-for-juniors look. It looks too cheap even for night on the town in Vegas. Even so, I would wear it to daytime pool party at a resort, while getting a little sun. They are easy enough to remove and would look quite cool contrasted against a tan. Hahahaha, that's my response on how to use this product. Good for tan lines.
Jack and Lucy Pom Pom hat - $32 I can't pull off a pom pom on a hat, but K loves hers. She'll be home to visit next weekend, and I can't wait to see it on her because I'm already convinced she'll look cute. But me?  I'm listing mine for swap.
Maduka equa handtowel - $16 I love this hand towel. It's like microfiber. Ultra plush, super absorbent. It's a great workout hand towel. Great for yoga. Seriously happy to see this included. 
  
Keepcup Brew 12 oz Reusable Coffee Cup - $26. I was excited to learn that we were getting this cup. Keepcup is an Australian company that made it's debut in the US at the 2010 CoffeeFest in Seattle. Yes, Coffee Fest is a real thing, and no, it is not only held in Seattle. The coffee cup was designed to fit under coffee makers. Basically, you take to your barista and it fits. It's intended to be reusable, save the environment thing. The original keepcups were plastic. Not everybody feels that plastic and hot beverages mix. The Keepcup Brew, formerly known as Keepcup 2.0, is the glass version. I don't visit my barista every day anymore like I used to, but I still get there at least once a week. Not sure yet if I'll be taking this with me or using more for home. It's nice to get this coffee cup and try for ourselves. Especially since we have no idea where to purchase, other than online from Australia. I love that our color band is the pink, but really I would have been happy with any of them.
 
This has truly been one of my favorite PopSugar boxes. The value this month is approximately $140. I will not be using every item (sorry pom pom hat), but I'm still very happy with the variety and types of items included.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment