Saturday, September 24, 2016

Allure Beauty Box August 2016 Review

Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society) - is curated by the editors of the Allure Magazine. It promises 5 deluxe sizes “expert approved” beauty items from luxurious brands. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.
 
Cost: $15/month or $165/Annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) via UPS Ground
Allure always ships in a quality box. I often use this to ship swaps in, it's sturdy enough to make it through the mail. They also include a nice info card that describes the items.
Wet Brush Midi Brush – $9. This brush is really popular. I end up gifting all my Wet brushes, but I like that an item other than makeup/skincare is included.
Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner – 50 ml each, Value $1? Meh. I won't even try it, totally not interested.
Supergoop Setting Mist with Rosemary – 15 ml, $6. This is one of my top favorite brands I discovered from sub boxes. I am soo happy to get anything from SuperGoop. Love this!! And it's sometimes hard to find travel size of setting spray, so I'm totally thrilled!
Freeze 24/7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum – 7 ml - $53. This is a pretty pricey eye serum, and I like it.
Cargo Swimmables Eye Pencil in Pebble Beach – .8 g $12.60. I like this. Mostly because it's a dark brown and not black. It's waterproof.
PurLisse Blue Lotus Balancing Moisturizer – 15 ml, $16.50. Sigh. Another PurLiss item.The Blue Lotus line is very popular. It has a little too much fragrance for my taste, but I'm sure I'll have no problem swapping it for something I will actually use.
Mally Mattewand Eye Brightener - $25. Full size. This is a creamy color that you can use to instantly brighten your eyes. There is a dabber on the other end that can be used to blend products, lighten, or smudge.
The approximate value this month is $100. I'm super happy with the value and the mix of products. I will for sure use the SuperGoop setting spray and the Cargo eyeliner.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment