Monday, November 23, 2015

The Age Gracefully Cookbook Review

We were kindly sent The Age Gracefully Cookbook by Grace O to review. This goal of this cookbook is to provide recipes that promote health and wellbeing. These nutritional recipes are suppose to contain anti-aging properties. The book is breaks up the recipes into five categories: Antioxidant: prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals, Anti-Inflammatory: Reduces inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging, Immunity Booster: supports the body's resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response, Mind and Body: Enhancers that encourage vibrant skin and hair and improve mood and mental agility, and Disease-Preventing: reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases. While I need to do more research on the science behind this I am really enjoying this cookbook. These recipes are healthy and are simple enough to attempt to make. One of the hardest parts of planning meals is understanding the nutritional values and making sure you are actually making a healthy meal, this cookbook is a collection of healthy recipes that I am excited to try. The pictures are great and included for every recipe. There are the following categories: starters, salads, main courses, extras, desserts and drinks. I have taken a few pictures of recipes we are going to test out in the near future. I love thai food and cannot wait to try the shrimp and mooring curry! My boyfriend and I love seafood and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of seafood recipes. Overall this is a great addition to my cookbook collection and I intend to add these recipes to our weekly meals in order for us to integrate meals with great health benefits into our meal planning.
























-K

No comments:

Post a Comment