Monday, November 23, 2015

Honest Company Essential Bundle Review

If you aren't familiar with The Honest Company, it is an eco-friendly company started by Jessica Alba. They offer household, beauty, personal care, and baby products. You can sign up for Essential bundle which offers five items for $35.95/month plus shipping. You can also add on up to three additional items to receive 20% off of them. I have found some amazing products that I love through this company. They are also now in Target as well. I wanted to try a few of their new products as I haven't placed an order in a while. 

Honest Laundry Detergent: I love this detergent. I have a metal allergy which makes me allergic to most laundry detergents. Since this one has clean ingredients I don't have any allergic reactions to it. It is also HE. 

Scrubber Sponge: These sponges are a great add on. Sponges really should be thrown out monthly and I like that they are plant based and more eco friendly than most sponges. 

Deodorant in lavender vanilla: When The Honest Company first released their new deodorants they only offered in the bergamot sage scent. It was okay, but a very strong earthy smell. I am a huge fan of their lavender vanilla scent so when I saw that they offered it now I added to my order. It is a clear spray on deodorant. It seems to last okay, but definitely need to reapply throughout the day. I am happy they offer a natural deodorant because almost all drug store brands have aluminum and other metals which cause me to break out every now and then. While I am still testing the lasting power of it, I am confident enough to continue using it but just have to reapply mid day.

3 in 1 Facial Towelettes: I am excited to try these. I own a MIA face scrubber however, I don't carry it on the go and these are looking great for traveling and throwing in my gym bag. I hope to post an update after I try them out. 

Organic Cotton Tampons Regular and Super: Okay, the main reason I purchased my recent order was to try out their new organic tampons. Because I majored in Environmental Science as an undergrad I am really into using natural products as often as possible to limit the amount of exposure to unnecessary chemicals. I actually had no idea that there was such an issue with tampons. When they first released their announcement for the feminine product line I decided to do some research. I came across a few articles that stated that companies are not required to disclose the ingredients used in tampons and some studies found they used petroleum based chemicals in most drug store brands. That was enough information to make me want to switch over to natural ones. Unfortunately, when I went into Target to see if they sold any they did not, so I placed my order. I have been using them and I am really pleased with them. I have only used the regular ones but I haven't had any leakage problems and they are holding up well. The applicator is simple and comfortable. The applicator is made from a plant based plastic. They also have no applicator options as well. I think adding the feminine hygiene line is brilliant to this service because it is drawing me to make monthly orders now.



Honest Aromatic Soy Candle in Lavender Vanilla: I absolutely love their candles and the lavender vanilla is a light sweet lavender scent. It is very soothing to light in the bedroom and burns clean without the nasty chemicals that paraffin ones emit. The candles are only available as an add on to the essential bundle. 

Overall, I am very happy with my choices this month and can't wait to test them all out!! I am also going to list other products that I have come to love over the years.

Lemongrass Hand Soap- smells great and doesn't dry out my skin like other soaps. 
Organic Healing Balm- This stuff is amazing and I think every household should own a bottle. It's a miracle worker on burns and cuts for me as well as it helps with my dog's irritated skin as well. I haven't found anything that heals as well! 
Organic Shave Oil- It's a little greasy but really hydrating!
Organic Breathe Easy Rub- I depend on this stuff to get my through my seasonal colds.
Auto Dishwasher Gel- This stuff works well.
Air and Fabric Fresheners- The scent doesn't last too long but I love the spray the lemongrass scent after I clean the house and the lavender vanilla before I jump into bed.
Stain Remover- works amazing on pet stains on the carpet and stains on clothes. 


-K

No comments:

Post a Comment