Friday, September 26, 2014

Walmart Beauty Box Fall 2014 Review

Today I received my Walmart Fall Beauty Box. I wasn't really sure when to expect it, so it was a nice surprise in the mail. This is a seasonal box, so basically it comes out quarterly. The cost is $5, which is to cover shipping charges. This is a quarterly reoccurring subscription. Everyone does not receive the same products, you get them according to your "life-stage". I believe this means age. I actually kind of like that, because I am more likely to receive anti-aging items, which I like, and less likely to receive trendy eye-shadow, which I don't like. I received six different items total, if I include the sample packet.
 
 
Juicy Couture Go Couture Yourself Eau Du Perfume - $27.10 for full size. I did not know Walmart carried anything Juicy Couture. I originally thought the was smeared, but when I saw the exact same thing on the inside of the package, and then again on the Walmart site, I now realize it must be intentional.
 
Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick in Vintage Wine - $4.94 FULL SIZE included. Lasting color plus Moisture Wear in one. For a drugstore find, then one is actually pretty good. I really, really, like the color and is something I would pick for myself. It applies easily and does not dry out your lips.
Secret Clinical Strength Clear Gel Antiperspirant Deodorant - FULL SIZE included $7.92. We received almost full size at 1.6 oz.  I like the Secret brand. I had not seen this particular version, so this is great to try. I wonder what clinical strength means? It also says "no white marks" and that's important.
L'Oreal Revitalift Triple Power Deep Acting Moisturizer - $ 19.97 for full size, which is 1.7oz, and we received .5 oz.  L'Oreal is my favorite drugstore brand, and I'm impressed with the Revitalift line, so I'm happy to see it included in this box. This stuff is marketed as something that 1) Repairs Wrinkles 2) Redensify, and  3)Re-firms. I'm not quite sure what #2 means, but it sounds like something I want.
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream - $21.28 for full size which is 1.7 oz, and we received .5 oz. For a couple dollars more, you can get this same product fragrance free. I do wish the sample had included fragrance free. That has been my main concern with this brand, I just can't handle the fragrance, and I really don't like it on my face where I can especially smell it.
Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner - full size is $4.98 & $6.98. This includes 10 vitamins and nutrients. This is not sulfate free, so if that is a concern to you then you would not like this.

I'm very pleased with the value. For the $5 shipping charge, I feel I got a great variety, good mix of full size and deluxe size items, and everything was from a trusted brand. What did you think of this box?
~A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment