Saturday, September 20, 2014

Total Beauty Collection - Grab Bag

I purchased the Total Beauty Collection Grab Bag, during the specials when it was 2 for $20. I got the Summer Prep Collection and the Bombshell collection. They were out of most of the others by the time I got around to looking at them. Since not all of the items were revealed, I can't even tell you which was supposed to belong to which collection. If you aren't familiar with Total Beauty, they are not a regular re-occurring subscription box. Instead, they put collections together and post every so often. They generally reveal the items slowly, until they are all eventually revealed, so there is some surprise element to it, but you also have some idea of what's included as well. Unless they are all open, and then you know already what's included.
 First Look! Looks promising!
Coupon for 25% off entire purchase to myKitsch.com. Nice. They have some super cute hair ties.
Kitsch Hair Ties $12 - I know this one is from the Summer Prep Collection, as it's one of the items that were revealed. I'm thrilled to get these, I'm always looking for a hair tie. These are really nice because they don't pull at your hair. These are plain colors, and perfect for me. If you have not seen the Kitsch hair ties before, I encourage you to check out their website because they have some really super cute ones.
Cotz SPF 40 face sunscreen - $24 for full size. This was perfect timing. I love having a small sample size sunscreen in my purse, you never know when you will need it. I just gave my last one away at lunch today, to a bald coworker who's head was getting red during lunch.
Revlon Colorstay 585 Sea Mist FULL SIZE Included $8 - Must be from the Bombshell collection. This is going into the gift basket because I do not have any use for any more Eyeshadow, I barely have use for the ones I keep.
Elan Veda Youthful Skin in a bottle $46 for full size - Must be from the Bombshell collection. This is also going into the gift basket because it has too many flower based ingredients that I can't use.
 
Gleam body Radiance by Melanie Mills - $15. This was a revealed product so this is from the summer prep collection.The color I got is Bronze Gold. This is body makeup. Which means you can use it to even out your spray tan if you had gotten streaks. You apply like a lotion to even out the skin tone. You can also use as a highlighter or bronzer. The reviews online look pretty good.
Neutrogena Naturals Vitamin E Lip Balm - $3. The Neutrogena Naturals line has no harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes or phthalates. I'm always looking for lip balm and I like that this was included.
Purlisse SPF 30 Sunscreen - full size is $55. It's sunscreen so this must be from the summer prep collection. I have so much Purlisse from these boxes, that I don't see myself ever making a purchase. I get at least one a month. Sometimes sunscreen and sometimes moisturizer. It's a good brand. I just feel like the subscription box market has been saturated with it this year.
nelson j Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Styling Conditioner - $15. This works as a detangler, heat protedctor, volumizer, color protector, hair thickener, sunscreen, and adds shine. Natural Green Tea. Directions say to spray on the roots and style as usual. For all hair types, but is best for dry or frizzy hair. This is Paraben Free.
Alfaparf Milano Cristalli Liquidi Illuminating Serum - $22 Hair Serum, designed to add shine to your hair. Must be from the Bombshell collection. I've received this before but never tried it. I don't use a lot of oils on my hair, and I don't have an issue with shine. But the reviews for this are very good. It's lightweight and people are saying they use it later in the day and you only need a drop or two, and it works wonders at detangling and managing frizz. Might be useful to try out when the weather changes around here. 
Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter #047 Pink Lemonade - $5 I wasn't overly excited to see this, since its a drugstore brand, and the color is just too light for me. However, it is a somewhat new line for Revlon and I really like that it's a lip butter. Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula provides lots of moisture.
NYX Roll on shimmer in Platinum - $4 - I'm not big on wearing a lot of sparkle. However, with the Holidays coming soon, ok, eventually, this is kinda fun. I like that it's a roll on, and can be used for eyes, face, or body. Can be used to add a little sparkle over any type of eye makeup. Must be from the Bombshell collection.
nelson j Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Masks - full size is $59. I love that there are three sample packs included, in the flavors Rosemary Mint, Pomegranate, and Coconut. I will be trying them all! This protects hair from Chlorine and Salt damage. Would have been great to receive earlier in the season, so I may just save for the next time resort season come around for me. You apply before swimming and don't rinse. I'm guessing this was also summer prep collection.
Suntegrity Natural Moisturizing Face sunscreen and primer SPF 30 - full size is $45.  This has to be the summer prep collection.This is a Best of Beauty Allure 2013 winner. What caught my eye the most was the quote on the package from Tricia T, "Suntegrity was made in honor of my Mom and all of those who lost their lives to skin cancer. May you wear this sunscreen and smile in their memory".  I can support that!  - Free of: Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oils, Synthetic Dyes, Sulfates, Paba, Titanium Dioxide, Nano-Particles and Chemical UV Absorbers. I also want to point out this is a natural product, which means keep an eye on the shelf life. My packets are set to expire in four months.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment