Friday, June 13, 2014

Beauty Bar Sample Society June 2014 Review

BeautyBar Sample Society is $10/month. Here is what they tell us is included:
  • Five deluxe-size beauty samples—so you can use each more than once
  • Curated mix of skin, hair, and makeup products, as well as fragrance
  • Allure mini-mag, packed with in-depth beauty sample product reviews written by Allure editors
  • $10 BeautyBar.com gift card to redeem on any $50 Beauty Bar purchase every month
 It arrives in a well labeled box, so you know what package it is.
 It comes in a black box each month, which is pretty much equivalent to the size Birchbox arrives in.
This is not an info card. It is actually a mini little info mag, that has tips in it. This month it has tips on the "white" manicure, coconut oil, contouring, and DIY Bikini Wax. Ugh. No thanks. I once tried an easy at home wax kit, and all I ended up with was some pain and a big ole' pile of wax. The little hairs also remained.
 This month included two perfume samples. Yuck. I'm tired of getting fragrance. This is such as waste to be sent to someone like me. I can't unload it fast enough because I don't know enough people that actually like perfume.
H2O  Oxygenating Rejuvenator - this isn't one of my top brands, but I like it well enough. You use this along with your regular moisturizer. I haven't tried it, but I hear it does not smell pleasant.
Purlisse Hydra Balance Moisturizer - I get way too many Purlisse products. I like Purlisse enough, it's a good enough moisturizer, but I do want to point out this size is much smaller size than I get from other boxes.
Malin + Goetz - Vitamin E Face Moisturizer - I LOVE this brand. One of the best brands I have found due to subscription boxes. This is the one item I am actually excited to see this month. It is perfect travel size and is going directly into my travel bag.
Karin Herzon Vit-a-Kabambi anti aging face care. This targets specific areas of concern: acne, dark spots, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation. I have never heard of this, but it gets excellent reviews. I will be trying out this tiny sample. I hear it works good as a spot treatment for acne, and clears up problem areas.

That's a wrap for this months box. If you compare what I posted at the beginning of the post, along with the pics I showed a quarter in for scale, you can see some inconsistencies about what they think they are sending vs. what you actually receive. There are no deluxe size samples, and you cannot always use each sample more than once. I did not receive last months box, but I have heard it was pretty good. This months box, however, is consistent with every other box I have received from Beauty Bar Sample Society.
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment