Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lumio Book Lamp Review

What I'm Raving About This Week

Have you heard of Lumio Book Lamp yet? I ordered this last month after seeing it on Shark Tank. This looks like a book, but turns into a lamp once it's opened up. I just thought it was really cool and had to have one. Now I have it in hand, I'm even more impressed. You can use it wherever you want to add light. I paid $190 + tax, which makes it a very pricey flashlight. However, I am someone who has been on a cruise ship that caught fire and broke down at sea. We were without power for four days and had to be towed home by a little tugboat named the Chihuahua. I was lucky enough to have been in a balcony cabin, which meant I had light (and fresh air) during daytime hours, but there was no light in the bathroom or closets. Some of my friends had inside cabins which made packing very difficult. I still cruise a lot and I plan to start adding this to my travel bag.
This picture was taken with in my living room, with the entire house completely dark. The amount of light you are seeing is from only one Lumio Book Lamp. The area I live in gets several power failures each winter, so this will work well.
It kind of looks like a fan when it's opened up. It reminded me of Chinese paper lanterns. Only this does not need plugged in. It's a little heavier than I thought it would be, my scale says 1 lb, 6 oz.
 
It comes in this box, and includes a charger and a charger bag to keep it in. It can charge anywhere that has a USB outlet, so it's convenient for me to charge directly from my laptop, or to plug into the USB portion of my convertible phone charger. I'm not sure how long the battery lasts yet.
The cover of the book is made to look like wood. It's about the size of a IPad. The color is Walnut. This heavy cover protects the product. The cover is also a huge magnet and can stick to most metal surfaces, which can be super convenient. I loved the way it stuck to my refrigerator. Also, the magnets help it stay closed, saves the battery life.
 
This will really be handy in a power failure. Also, because it's such a discreet design, I can keep it out on my nightstand, where it will blend right in, yet also be convenient to reach in those times.
 
HelloLumio has kindly sent a coupon for us to share. Use the code  "SHARETHELOVE" at checkout to get 10% OFF your purchase. I'm curious to know what you think of this product and to hear if anyone has ever tried this.
`A
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment