Thursday, March 5, 2015

Girl Scout Cookies Are Here!

I found Girl Scouts holding a cookie booth at my local supermarket. I didn't know it was that time of year already, it seems a little early, but maybe they are out this time of year every year. I do love Thin Mints, but I'd support the local Girl Scouts even if I didn't.
Thin MintsMy favs. Happy to see you again. I don't think I'll ever tire of Thin Mints,  round, mint-flavored cookies with a delicious chocolaty coating. I can't wait to crush them into a blended shake. I'll for sure be buying more this season.
 Samoas
Another classic. Caramel and toasted coconut-covered cookies.
 
Rah-Rah Raisins
This one is new this season. I don't know why I thought this would be soft and chewy, it's definitely crunchy. Made with whole grain oats, these new hearty oatmeal cookies are packed with plump raisins and Greek yogurt-flavored chunks. I liked it.
 
The buying experience was a little different this year. The girls this year seemed a little more, oh what's the word, used-car-sales-man-ish? The boxes are $4 this year, I said I would take 3. She responded with, "today's special is 5 for $20". Say what? Normally something like that would cause me to say forget it, and walk away, but they're just kids and I can't help but think an adult in their life taught them this comeback. I politely, but firmly stated I would stick with the 3. Here is an excerpt from the Girl Scout Website "Through interaction with each customer and other Girl Scouts, a girl learns the importance of keeping her word, doing the right thing, and being fair. A girl learns the BUSINESS ETHICS that will serve her throughout life.".
Hmmm, maybe I need to email that troop...
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment