Saturday, August 30, 2014

Glossybox August 2014 Review

GlossyBox! Welcome! So happy to see you! Last day of the month. Again. But you made it! This is the 3rd anniversary of GlossyBox. There was a personalized message this month on the info card from Founder and Global CEO Charles von Abercron. He is personally thanking me for my loyalty and believing in GlossyBox. And I'm a believer.
 Back to the pink box. Which I love.
 Always classy with the ribbon. 
 LOVE the GlossyBox printed tissue paper. Just special!
 First Looks! All prices quoted below are the full size price!

http://uberliss.com/products/hydrating-shampoo
Uberliss Hydrating Shampoo $23.90 & Conditioner $25.90 - I would have done these in one pic, but I shoot in the order in which I pull out, and I do not read the comment cards ahead of time. At first I thought I got tow of the same product, but then realized it was shampoo and conditioner. Often times, in sub boxes, we get one or the other, so I'm thrilled to be getting both together. This is SULFATE FREE! And is also supposed to be able to foam, so that will be interesting to see. I'm thrilled to get something sulfate free for my color treated hair to throw in my travel bag.
 
Sparitual nail lacquer, Magnify $12, Full size included this month. This is free of a bunch of bad stuff. This color is a bright pink and this pic does not do it justice. Neither does the link I found online. Or, maybe it's just my computer? The Application Tip included: don't be afraid to use various shades on one hand for a one-of-a-kind manicure that reflects your creativity. I like getting tips, and this is something I can admit I had not thought of. 
Eyeko Skinny mini Liquid Eyeliner - $16 - I think it's full size? Also, I just had Lasik surgery. I'm really having a tough time figuring out when my pics are blurry and when it's just my eyes trying to adjust. So, bear with me. OR, try just clicking the link I added, you can usually trust marketing. This, I love. I'm a huge fan of skinny eyeliners, and an even bigger fan of liquid eyeliners, so this is a win for me.
 
 
 Kryolan Highlighter in Cashmere - $18.95 I've included separate pics because it's needed to appreciate the packaging is especially for GlossyBox this month. Love! You can use this highlighter on cheekbones, eyes, or wherever the light catches. I'm a fan of highlighters, and although I usually use liquid ones, what I like about this is it's a solid cream.
Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream - $85 Paraben Free. This is supposed to help firm your skin, and make you look younger. It's an anti-aging cream, and I'm a fan of anything anti-aging nowadays. It will improve the elasticity and prevent the early appearance of wrinkles.

The info card included a sneak peak of products to come in future months.
September - Benefit Real (mascara? possibly?)
October - Nails Inc
November - Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer (I've never gotten a juice beauty product, and I really want this!!)

Very happy with this months box, and really looking forward to the coming months. If you are interested in GlossyBox, please email brierreview@gmail.com, and we will send you an invite! It's $21/month if you do the month-to-month plan.
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment