Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Allure Sample Society August 2014 Review

Allure has recently taken over Sample Society. The box is still $15 a month, plus shipping. It's very similar to the cheaper versions of BirchBox and Ipsy. This months theme is the Big Easy, and was designed with the thought of creating an effortless style. That's inspiring.
 I'm loving the new Red Box. It debuted last month, but I'm still liking it.
We now get info booklets, that talk about the products in the box. Instead of the mini magazines that discuss things unrelated to what's in the box. I miss the mini mags, but I much prefer info on the actual items. I am thrilled that Allure gives tips on what they discovered about the items. Very helpful and much appreciated!
 First Look!
 
 
Kate Somerville Dilo Oil Restorative Treatment - I'm still too nervous to actually put oil on my T-zone. I don't care how expensive or fancy you are, or even who thinks it cool, I am just not there yet. It supposed to only take a drop or two, but Allure says you will need more to actually cover the face.
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Peony - I really like Too Faced products, so I'm happy to see another one. I was trying to figure out if this was more lipstick, or lipgloss. It goes on wet, but is very matte. Allure gives the tip that it's a bit drying, so be sure to use a lip balm first. It's already sounding like work.
Jane Iredale Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara in Black Ice - This is another brand I'm really liking lately. I'm pretty picky about mascaras, but I do like trying different kinds.
Ciate Paint Post nail polish in Cha Cha Cha - Love the cute mini bottle. Seriously, who ever uses up an entire bottle anyway? Mini's are perfect. I love this color for toes in the summer. Allure agrees with me.
Oribe Surfcomber Touseld Texture Mousse - I don't use mousse, but I'm keeping this on hand for when my sister visits and always asks if I have any mousse. The scent is citris and jasmine, so I don't know yet if it will be too strong for her. I like the bottle though. This is supposed to be a good alternative to using the surf spray. It is recommended to use on dry hair, because when used on wet hair it can have a crunchy feel.
 
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment