Saturday, October 25, 2014

Stay Trendy 7 item Mystery Bag October 2014

I was interested to see what the Stay Trendy Mystery Bag would contain. Just wanted to try out something other than a beauty box. Brier Review paid $25 for the 7-item box. We picked the female version, but had debated picking the male version. There is also a kids one, and a  jewelry category. I am not including links because everything is generic and I can't seem to find the exact ones for each piece. I'm only including prices when I can find something similar.
 
Memory Foam Insoles $5.95 - I'll use these. You can cut them according to your own shoe size, and they are pretty foamy, so these will come in handy.
Soft & Cosy white socks $3.99 each - This is labeled as the softest socks in the world.....maybe. I think they are pretty soft. Well, I like the white ones! The yellow is like Big Bird.
Cell Phone Case - 5th generation $2.99. I think this is ok cute. I don't have any use for it, but I think it's ok. If I can find someone who has 5th generation phone, I'll gladly gift this.
Romantic Sini Sundress - $15.99 - I really like this and will wear it as a beach cover-up next time I'm in the Caribbean. It says XL, but no way it's an XL. At least not according to standard US sizes.
  
As Seen on TV Toothpaste Dispenser - $12.49. I don't even know what to do with this. I think it might be useful for someone with kids, or carpal tunnel, or for someone who has a hard time with toothpaste. This just does not work for my household. This is not really a plastic gadget type of household.
Car USB Plug-In - $2.26 - We have plenty of these. We haven't had a pink one yet, but we get plenty of them throughout the year. I don't think I've been to a tradeshow in years where we don't receive at least a couple of them. I will pass on if I find someone who thinks it's actually useful.
Crystal Avenue Earrings - $9.95 I don't think that's the price of these, but it's the only price I could find for earrings of this brand. I can't even find words to describe how cheap these are.
Footless Leggings Hot Pink - $14.99. These would go great with an 80's costume.
 
I paid $25 for this box. I found similar items, with displayed brand names, and based on published prices I generously estimated the value at around $72.60. I may use around $25 worth. The box was supposed to guarantee $149.99 MSRP, but I can't say this box meets that. The shipping took a really long time, it did not ship out in the 5-7 days promised. I also understand that some folks are still waiting on their items to ship and are not receiving an appropriate response from customer service.
 
At this time, we are just not able to recommend this company. We can revisit that when they are able to fix their marketing, customer service, and their shipping issues.
~A
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment