Monday, December 9, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box December 2013 Review

I received the December Blush Mystery Box today. In fact, I received two. I'm totally frustrated in dealing with this company, that I almost don't want to post anything. But the products are fun this month, so I just had to.

I would tell you this is my last Blush box, but I can't get confirmation that I'm actually cancelled. I have been working with them since last week when I noticed they were trying to bill me second time, and they had already billed me a week ago for the December box. I contacted them immediately and asked them to cancel my subscription. We had a few emails going back and forth, and the Beauty Expert told me they would cancel my auto subscription. When I persisted in asking about the two different charges, a week apart, and requesting a refund, I was then told that I had made a mistake and had set up two auto refills. She is sure it is my mistake because she told me it is not possible for them to make this mistake.  I'm not sure what caused the issue this month, but November was my first subscription box and I only got one shipment then and everything seemed fine. So, I'm not saying she's intentionally lying, I'm only saying her explanation does not make any logical sense. I would have preferred a standard line like "computer glitch".

I was reassured a second time she would cancel it for me. I continued to ask about a refund, at which point she stopped answering my emails. The next day they shipped me two shipments. I again contacted them and they told me I could refuse a shipment and then they would process a refund. Why they didn't just clear it up when I first started asking about it, I'm not sure. I'm also not thrilled that I have to handle a return instead of the company just working with me when I had first contacted them about the issue. I'm so frustrated I almost copy & pasted the entire email chain here, but I had to remind myself this is a not a complain column. This is a blog about subscription boxes. So, with that said, on to the products.

I do really like that they have a mix of full size products in the bag. I also like that they have an info card, because it helps to get a little information on the products. Specifically, the ones I can't readily identify.

This was the first thing I pulled out of the box. It's a sample of sunscreen. It wasn't on the info card, so I'm guessing it was a bonus sample. I already lost it. Perhaps I got it stuck in the packaging and out it went? oh well.

 

This is Sultra Clip-In Hair Extension. In Lapis Blue. And it's BLUE. I don't wear hair extensions. And I don't do "fun colors" for my hair.  However, I just happen to have a special event to attend later this month, that includes a "blue" theme, and this will be a perfect addition to my outfit. The directions look super easy, so hopefully even a first timer like me will get it. This is by far my favorite item in the box. Even though that is totally unexpected to hear from me. I did not open my 2nd box, because I plan to return it. But I hear that some folks got pink instead of blue. I would have handed that over to my daughter.




Murad Active Radiance Serum. I love serums, especially when they boast about their vitamin C. This is a perfect sample size to toss in my travel bag.

 
 
Neostrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash. I'm also a fax of exfoliating washes. This is deluxe sample size, and also going right into my travel bag. 

 
 
This is a full size lotion. I was surprised to see it. It is Madagascar Orchid. I love the size, and even the packaging. It says it has a "green floral" scent, so now I'm out. I don't like perfumy or flowery smells. But, I will be putting it in the give away basket. Products like this deserve to go to someone who will appreciate them. 

 
 
This is an Avocado Foot Creme. Also full size. I was just looking for a foot cream yesterday, so I am very happy to see this today. 


NYX Love in Paris Eye Shadow Palette. I have no use for this. I receive a lot of eye shadows in boxes. I rarely wear eye shadow and don't need any more adding clutter. Into the gift basket it goes.

 
 
Eminence organic skin care Stone Crop Body Lotion. It's a cute sample size little lotion jar. But I lifted the lid and a little too perfumy for me. Off it goes into the gift basket. 

 
 
REN Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream. I feel like there is a lot of skin products this month, which I'm happy to see. I don't know what's happening in your neck of the woods, but the weather here in the Pacific Northwest is crazy cold. Arctic. My skin and hair needs all the extra help it can get this month. 


Neova Make-up Remover for face and eyes. This is supposed to even work on waterproof mascara. I don't wear that too often, other than on my trips. So, into my travel bag it goes. It's nice travel size.


Here is a not so good pic of the info card. Just wanted you to know it came with one.

 
 
 
Last item, I almost forgot. This is a pretty silver headband with a tag that says L.Erickson. It was not listed on the info card, and frankly, I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought it was a strap of some kind. But luckily  K was around to fill me in and let me know it's a headband. It's very shimmery shiny silver, and I immediately loved it even though I couldn't quite identify it.  
 

 
That's it for this month's bag. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment