Monday, December 9, 2013

HauteLook Beauty Bag December 2013 Review

 I received a plain brown box today. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, so I checked that it was indeed addressed to me. I was thrilled to find out it was the HauteLook beauty bag. I was excitedly going through the products and it wasn't until the end that I figured out who it was from. I guess I expected a product card to jump out at me, but this box was more understated. I was very thrilled with the product selection and will definitely be ordering again.


The makeup bag it came in is good size, and I'm in need of a new one. It's good quality and I plan to put this to use immediately. Also, it's worth mentioning, the zipper has the name HauteLook on it, which is what confirmed to me who this bag was from.

 
The first item I pulled out was this perfume sample. I really dislike perfume. I smelled it anyway and it's not bad, so I'll go ahead and put it in the give away basket. It's sample size, and the packaging is really kind of cute. It's Betsy Johnson Too Too Pretty. 

 
 
The next item was this makeup brush. It's missing a handle. I don't really know how I feel about that. But I do have to mention the bristles are amazingly soft. Which is why I'm totally willing to try this. 




This next item is China Glaze nail polish in Brownstone. This picture makes it look like a peach color, but the reality is it's more like a burnt brown. I love China Glaze nail polishes, but this is not the right color for me, regardless of whether or not it cooperates for pics.

 
 
This is blow pro blow out spray. It's "serious non-stick hair spray". I have never tried blowpro, but have seen it quite often, so I'm actually happy to see this. It says I'm supposed to get a long lasting natural looking hold, so, that sounds good. 

 
 
This next item is body firming cream. It's sample size, and it's a brand I've never heard of, Lift-Fermete. I'm willing to try it, but I'm not sure I believe in stuff like this. 


The next item is Clarins Total Double Serum. Now I may not believe in body firming cream, but I am a Huge believer in Serums, so I was super excited to find I actually got two of these! And this thing is sooo darn cute!! I know I don't get the best pics, so I'll try to describe a little. It has two sides to it, and when you pump it out they both work. One side is Hydro serum and the other side is Lipo serum.


 
 


 
This next item is dr brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant. I love exfoliants. I wasn't sure at first if it was for face or body, but the directions say to avoid the eyes, so I'm guessing face.


This is Laura Gellar Waterproof eye spackle hues, advanced primer & eyeshadow. The color is Mauve Majesty and looks awesome. I don't really wear eye shadow too often, but this is just so cool I want to try it. It will look great mixed with some other colors. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but if you just keep twisting the bottom thing, the mauve primer pops out.

 
 
The next item is LashFusion mascara. I had read that some folks are getting some that are dried out, so I decided to check it. I don't think mine is dried out. I think it just came empty. 


The final item is NYX Glam Lipstick Aqua Luxe. The color is Glory, and I love it. It's a pink shimmery color.

 
 
Overall I am happy with the bag, and I will definitely be trying it again.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment