Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Allure Beauty Box - December 2013 Review

I was so happy to see this box this afternoon! I had ordered this awhile ago, and kind of forgotten about it. It sold out in less than 15 minutes, so I'm pretty amazed I was able to get this at all. I've never gotten the allure beauty box, and I can say this is the most fun I've had with any subscription box. There were so many products, this was truly like Christmas!! I am likely to use almost everything in this box. It was just so pretty when I opened it.

The first thing I noticed was the info card. I tend to put these to the side, and look at the items first, then review cards later.


 
Here is the box when I first removed the tissue paper. I couldn't wait to go through everything. My first reaction was Wow, look at all this loot!



Cetaphil moisturizing cream. There were several moisturizers in this box. I am happy to see every single one of them. I will be putting this to use immediately.

UPDATE: I know it's jut Cetaphil, but I actually hadn't tried this brand before. I'm loving it and it's now almost gone.



Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I'm taking this to work, since I'm ready to replenish my desk lotion.
 

 
 Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser. Good timing allure beauty box, I am almost out of my current face wash. This says Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula. Sounds good to me. Reading further I find that it is clinically proven to visibly smooth over uneven patches and tighten pores. Well, sign me up for that!

 

 Red Carpet Manicure Youth Crème. It seems like a tiny bottle, so I thought this was maybe a deluxe sample size. But I think it's just the compact packaging because it's actually 1.7 oz. I just tried this, and it is non-greasy and it does truly absorb quickly. Either that or my skin is so thirsty it just sucked it up immediately. My hands feel soft!

UPDATE: I realize now this stuff is for cuticles, don't care, I'm using all over my hands. I really like this stuff for all the reasons I listed above!!

 
Ultra Repair Cream. Intense Therapy. I was surprised to pull out yet another type of lotion/cream. But really, with the weather lately, I am actually relieved to get so many of them. Use as necessary for face and elsewhere. My face and my elsewhere needs it. Also says Skin Protectant W/Fav Antioxidant booster. I'm digging the sounds of that. No parabens, harsh chemicals, or colorants.
 
UPDATE: This is the most amazing cream EVER! I had never heard of this. I have to tell you this stuff really works, and works well! Whenever I notice a dry patch on my face, I apply a little, and it's gone pretty quickly. I am also using it for my hands this season. I will definitely buy more when I'm out. This stuff is cool and I highly recommend it!!

 
Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. At first I thought this was tanning lotion. But, then I discovered it is actually Leg MakeUp. Which I have never heard of. It covers freckles, veins and imperfections. It is supposed to stay fresh and natural looking all day. See, apparently tanning and panty hose are so last century.

 
One 'N Only Brazilian Tech Keratin De-Friss Wand. Brush wand over unwanted blyaways on dry hair. Then they magically disappear?? Can't wait to try. Hope it works.
 
UPDATE: I have now tried this as well, and can tell you it truly does work. I get flyaway's this time of year, and this is really helping calm the frizz.

 
 Neutrogena healthy skin primer. With SPF 15. This is my favorite item, because I have been wanting to try a face primer for some time. And Neutrogena is one of my favorite brands. It says it has a proven tone correcting ingredient. It also instantly evens and brightens skin, all while minimizing the look of imperfections ALL DAY. Uh, win/win for me!!

UPDATE: LOVE IT!! I really did want to try a face primer, and I still agree this is a great brand. A little goes a long way with this one.

 
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner. I'm not a huge Rimmel fan, but I do love the scandal eyes mascara, so I hope this is just as good. At first glance I thought, oh, another eyeliner, but then scanned again and noticed the WATERPROOF. I'm a beach bunny. I travel a lot to warm and sunny places, and I spend a lot of time at the pool and in the water (with proper sunscreen of course). But I don't go without make-up. So, the idea of waterproof eyeliner is pretty appealing to me. I'll be trying this on my next trip.

 
Zoya Pixie Dust Nail Polish in Tomoko. This is a champagne-silver matte polish that is requiring no base or topcoat. Big5Free formula. Like that. It's so darn pretty. I have a gold lame top I'm wearing to a NYE party, and this will go perfect! I also think this would like awesome over almost any nail color, I just tried one nail and it's very sparkly.

 
Not your Mother's Knotty to Nice Conditioning Detangler. Infused with Keratin protein. Can be used on wet or dry hair.



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. Love this product! Happy to see this in my box.

 
Colore science. I can't seem to find this in my info book, but the back of it says you can use for eyes, cheeks, an even lips. It seems to be an all in one. At this point I'm not sure I'll try it. I'm thinking it will go into the gift basket.


Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Color in Statement. And Almay Color Care Liquid Lip Balm. I want the Lip Balm but he nail polish is not my color. K loved it! These two items came together in a cute little box.


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops. It's supposed to dry any nail polish in 60 seconds. That's usually what I use the Sally Hansen insta-dry top coat for, so this will be great to see if this works better.

UPDATE: This is amazing!! It really does dry you quickly. I can't say it's fully dry in 60 seconds, but then I haven't added it for only one layer of nail polish either. This is a "I don't know how I ever lived without it" product!

Loreal Paris Extraordinaire by Colour Riche. I am a huge Loreal Fan, but unfortunately, Coral is not my color.

 E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. I've heard of this brand, but have never tried it.



 Neutrogena crease proof eye shadow. The color is perfect pink. This is also one of the items I am most excited about. It has built in primer to prevent creasing and fading. Those are the two main reasons I am not an eye shadow fan. If I can fix those issues I might start liking eye shadow again. Or, at least not completely hate it.

 
NYX Love in Paris Eye Shadow Pallette. This has great colors to do the smoky eye look with. I'm gifting it. I think it's the 4th eye shadow I have received this month, and I don't need any. I own the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallette and that's enough for me because I truly don't wear eye shadow too often.


Smile Sciences teeth whitening pen. I generally like the Go Smile products. I have not yet decided if I'm gifting it or if I'm trying this brand. I could just find someone with yellow teeth and donate.


 

 Such pretty packaging. Such pretty colors! Julep Nail polish in Anissa - classic with a twist, and Missy-it Girl. Love them both!




 
Rusk Deep Shine products

Rusk Deep Shine Color Care Invisible Dry Shampoo - I recently tried a dry shampoo and really did not like it. But I have a friend who keeps raving about it, so I decided perhaps I did not get a good one to try. I have been meaning to pick up a different brand, so this saves me the trouble of having to make a decision on a new brand.

Rusk Deep Shine Color Care Lock in Treatment. Mist into damp or dry hair, and then style as usual. Sounds easy enough. I won't be trying this for awhile, since I have other products to finish up first. And, it's kinda frozen right now.

All in all, I LOVED this box, truly the most fun I've had opening a box. There were just so many products and I felt like I was pulling things out of the box forever. There were also several items on my need to try list, so I was excited about that. I don't know how long this box was outside waiting for me to get home, but some of my stuff is still frozen. Literally! Like a brick. Even though I've been writing for hours. Anyway, if you received the Allure Box, let me know what your thoughts are, I'm curious to know what others thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment