Friday, May 27, 2016

Play! by Sephora May 2016 Review

Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription box curated by Sephora! Many of us have been waiting for this subscription long before they ever created it. They send a five deluxe samples and a fragrance sample each month. This is an excellent way to build up your inventory, collect travel size products for your travel bag, and to try out different brands before investing in a full size purchase. The items should be products that are currently trending. You can also find out more about the products by using PLAY! BOOK with the Sephora To Go app. This is the only subscription box I know of that distributes information this way. If you are thinking about this subscription, just get on the waitlist because the wait can take forever!
Cost: $10
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (lower 48) via USPS
This is our first month for Play! by Sephora. We have been wanting off the waiting list for forever. We were not in the test market area, so we had to wait for it to become available in our state. There was also included a card to bring in to Sephora for beauty advice and a free one-on-one tutorial.
The theme this month is the 'Forces of Nature'. It also appears that they will be shipping the items each month in a beauty bag. This is cute, but not really sure what to do with it.
Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial  - $12.08. This is an overnight facial-in-a-jar to address uneven skintone while improving skin texture for a brighter, more luminous complexion in as little as one night. This is said to be the first Sleeping Facial to be introduced in the United States. I did not open this because I'm guessing it's scented and I won't like it.  
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine  - $1.45.  Each months box is supposed to contain a fragrance. It's a complete waste to send me, I hate them all. Notes: Blood Orange, Bitter Orange, Jasmine, Geranium, Amber Woods, Tonka Beans, Sandalwood.
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Kimchi - $8.67. I really do like Bite Beauty, but this is way to bright pink for me. I suppose if it was mixed with a layer of black that it would look great. But I do not currently own the black.  So, this is way to bright for me to appreciate.  Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. I love the lid, I don't' know if you can quite see in the pic but it is indented.
Origins MaskimizerDrink Up, and Clear Improvement Masks - $1.86. This is a 3-step process. First you use the Clear Improvement, which is a charcoal cleanser and will clean your sking. Then you use the Maskimizer, which basically gets things ready as it primes, preps, and optimizes your skin to be prepared for a mask. Then lastly you use the Drink Up mask to hydrate your skin, it only takes about 10 minutes.
Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram - $1.80. This is a lip liner. This is a favorite brand and one of the brands I was really hoping to see in a box put together by Sephora. But even so, I'll never get used to lip liners. I just don't like when the lipstick wears off and you cans still see the outline. I don't have an issue with the shape of my lips so I'll never have a need for a lipliner.
Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask  - $9. I love this stuff, I have received the full size in a different box and used it all. It's a deep conditioner. The formula is free of silicones, DEA, and artificial dyes. It is also cruelty-free and is color-safe and safe for use on chemically-treated, relaxed, and keratin-treated hair.
This months box has an approximate value of $34.86. This is not bad for a $10 box. But I am just left feeling underwhelmed. I expected so much more from Sephora. I don't have any reason to believe any of these specific products are currently trending. We will continue to for a few months to see if the items selections improve.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment