Friday, May 27, 2016

Glossybox May 2016 Review

GlossyBox - is a beauty subscription box that sends five products each month. There are a lot of brands that you cannot get here in the US. They send makeup, skincare, beauty tools, and other related items. They have a great rewards program that allows you to get a free box annually, and more often if you refer friends.
Cost: $21/month or $222/annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excludes Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico) and Canada via USPS


 
Nioxin 3 system Cleanser and Scalp Therapy Conditioner - $5. System 3 is specially designed for normal to thin-looking, fine, chemically treated hair. It amplifies hair texture while refreshing the scalp and providing moisture balance to colored hair. Since it's still a cleansing formula, which generally means stripping formula, I wouldn't use unless I was actually ready for a trip to the salon. This is great for male or females. They also included Nioxin $5 off coupon for Night Rescue - which is a leave in treatment for nighttime. I doubt I am going to use this coupon though, and to purchase is $30.
Talika Photo-Hydra Day - $29.  This hydrates your skin, as well as plumps and smooth's it out.  This contains hyaluronic acid, which is said to retain moisture. This is an ingredient I seem to be seeing in a lot of moisturizers these days, but maybe it's because I'm paying more attention? This is designed to be used in the morning after cleansing.
Rituals Cosmetics Shower Foam in Zensation - $3.75. Meh. I'm not a fan of this brand because the products are way to flowery/perfumy for my tastes. This is a foaming shower gel.
Benefit Cosmetics RollerLash Mascara - $8. I've gotten this many times before in subs. I really like this mascara, it's great to add curl to lashes, but this is one I use for layering not one that I wear on its own.
Adore Cosmetics Cellmax Elite Facial Serum - $220.29. Um, did I read that correctly?? I have double checked and that is the value. I'm going to use this for sure. The expiration date is 03/2018. I would never purchase a serum for this price, it's way overinflated for the modern beauty market, but I'm still very happy to get this. I was just looking for a new serum this morning now that my current one is emptying. This is designed for all skin types.
UPDATE: This stuff works great! Remember, this is a serum, just a drop or two will cover your entire face. Do not put it on like a cream like I did the first time, just a drop will do.....Did I mention it works awesome?
The approximate value this month is around $266. (not including the coupon). That is really great! I'm thrilled with the face serum, and of course the Benefit Roller Lash!
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment