Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Allure Beauty Thrills Box Spring 2016


 
Allure Beauty Thrills goes on sale three times a year. The cost is $49.95 + $10 shipping. This is one of my favorite boxes due to the sheer volume of items and the variety. $5 from each purchase of the May Beauty Thrills Box will be donated to Melanoma Research Alliance. I like that they support causes each season.
 
Allure Beauty Thrills includes items such as makeup, hair, nails, skincare items, and other beauty finds such as tools or toothbrushes.  It is mostly drugstore brands, and usually there are some pretty nice finds. This is a great value and a large variety. Everything is generally full size. These boxes sell out very quickly once they are released, I've seen them sell out in under 15 minutes. As an Allure Beauty Enthusiast, I received an offer again this year to purchase all three boxes early and not have to wait until the release time. This ensures we get a box each time. They do post the list of items, so nothing is a surprise.
CHAPSTICK® Total Hydration 3 in 1 Lip Care - $2.99. My flavor received is Coconut Hydration. I'm constantly losing these in my bag so I am always pleased to find lip balm in a box.
REDKEN Beach Envy Volume Wave Aid - $20. This helps you get the beach wavy look on your hair, just as the name says. A look I prefer to achieve with actual salt water. From the Caribbean.
BURT’S BEES® BB Cream - $15. I have been wanting to try this so I'm actually pretty pleased to receive this. The color I got is Light/Med which is perfect for me.
BURT’S BEES® Lipstick in Magenta Rush - $9. I really like the color of this one and that it nourishes and moisturizes as well.
NOT YOUR MOTHER’S® In A Heart Beat Blow Dry Accelerator - $5.99. I'm all for anything that speeds up blow drying hair. It also detangles, softens, helps eliminate frizz, and provides thermal protedtion. Paraben free.
PUREOLOGY Pure Volume Style + Care Infusion - $34. This is a styling crème, that also protects hair from heat, frizz, and leaves your hair with a "no product" feel. This last one is very important to me. Pureology products can have quite a fragrance, but it doesn't last.
TANGLE TEEZER® The Original Detangling Hairbrush - $15. I have received this before, but never tried. I'm actually curious if it works. You can use on wet or dry hair and it supposed to work well for detangling.
COMPEED® Blister Cushions - $7.99. LOVE! We have never gotten these in a sub box before. Ever. If you are not familiar, you put this on when you have a blister, but before it pops. I have had blisters that were gone by morning, just like nothing ever happened. I am getting ready for another trip and these are going into my travel bag for sure.
COPPERTONE ClearlySheer® Faces SPF 30 - $9.99. I was definitely expecting sunscreen in the summer box. This is a pump. Lightweight sheer formula that doesn't cause breakouts. This can even be used under makeup.
HASK Macadamia Moisturizing Shine Oil - $1.99. This has 20 uses per vial. This is great to use on hair and K loves getting this stuff. It works on all hair types.
SIMPLE® SKINCARE Micellar Make-Up Remover Wipes - $6.99. I've gotten this before and these are great at helping remove makeup. They are also very hydrating.
CARESS® Mystique Forever Body Wash - $3.99. Meh! I would have preferred body wash that does not smell like a perfume factory. And the smell is supposed to last up to 12 hours. Blech.
COMPLETELY BARE® calm down Ingrown Hair, Razor Bump & Redness Eliminator - $10.99. This does the basics, eliminates ingrown, razor bumps, and redness, moisturizes and heals. I am a Whish fan, and I have never used any other brand. So, I'm actually curious how this works.
DEGREE Women Dry Spray in Daisy Fresh - $4.99. This goes on instantly dry. I'm not sure how that works but it does. I like spray deodorants to use for shoes also, since it's hard to wear socks during the summer months, and your feel could sweat and this just works great for that as well.
RITUALS Magic Touch Body Cream - $7.22. This is an ultra cream and has a flowery fragrance of cherry blossom. This gets great reviews from people who don't mind flowery smelling lotions. This seems to be the only item that was not full size. This is also the first item I've ever seen in an Allure Beauty Thrills box that is not full size.
SCÜNCI® Everyday & Active® 3x Stronger Braided Elastics - $.55. It was interesting to get these. I personally prefer Kitsch hair ties, so not sure I'll use these. It supposed to be helpful to not damage your hair. Generally these come in a pack of more than two.
AVEENO® Absolutely Ageless Intensive Renewal Serum - $19.99. This is infused with blackberries, antioxidants, vitamins, and other good stuff. It helps improve elasticity and firmness, and you will have younger looking skin in just one week.
SONIA KASHUK® Double-Zip Clutch - $14.99. This is really cute and both sides are pretty sizeable. It's pretty but I'm not sure I need it.
ARM & HAMMER Spinbrush Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Battery-Powered Toothbrush - $8.99. I have discovered Tpinbrushes from Allure boxes, and it's definitely time for a replacement. I love the purple color.
ARM & HAMMER Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Toothpaste - $3.49. Who doesn't love getting toothpaste with a new toothbrush? I'll use this for sure.
TIGI® Bed Head Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm - $30. This gives the control of balm but it's really a powder. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. I was surprised to find out this is full size, the bottle is smaller than I expected.
VERSASPA® Gradual Tanning Face Moisturizer  - $35. This stuff is good for many different uses. It hydrates skin, blurs fine lines, and adds some tanning color to your face. It's also said to detoxify your skin as well.
  
Once again, a great box. The approximate retail value is $269.14. I will not use all the products but I will use enough to make up for the $59.95 cost of the box. My favorites are the Blister Bandaids, the Coconut chapstick, the SpinBrush toothbrush, and the Burts Bees BB Cream!
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment