Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ipsy Glam Bag May 2016 Review

Ipsy is a beauty subscription box created by Michelle Phan. They send a mix of deluxe samples and full size beauty products, and a makeup bag. You take a beauty quiz and should receive items that match your profile. This is very similar to Birchbox, and an excellent way to build up your inventory and try out different brands before investing in a full size purchase.
Cost: $10
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States & Canada via USPS and DH
My Ipsy bag arrived in the traditional pink padded envelope that I have come to love. The theme this month is Destination Chic.
Ipsy always includes a makeup bag. I think this month's is one of the cutest ones I've gotten, I have never seen them send the envelope style before. I'm loving it. I believe the other color variation was blue and I saw a pink. I am very happy with the purple. Surprisingly, I am finding that I can never have too many of these things, as I tend to use them in my travel bags, carryons, totes, for gifts, and I'm finding a ton of other uses where I'm just happy to have them handy.
Clark's Botanicals Soothing Marine Cream - $33.82. The full size version sells for $115 at 1.7 oz. At first I wasn't excited to see another cream, but then I realized it's Clark's Botanicals, and I really like this brand. This comforting cream gently exfoliates and intensely hydrates, leaving skin baby-soft and moisturized. Fine lines appear softened, while stressed skin is soothed and nourished.
Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow Trio - $12. This is full size. This shimmering trio of ipsy-curated shades includes Crush (beige), Skinny Dip (copper) and Lovely (brown). These richly pigmented, velvety-smooth eye shadows complement each other for a subtle yet glitzy everyday eye look. You can get 10% off any Pacifica order just by signing up for their mailing list.
Smashbox X-Rated Mascara - $7.33. This has mixed reviews. It's supposed to work well with just one coat. Some people say the formula is too goopy, but then I see others post some online pics and they are amazing.
Glamour Dolls Blending Brush #10 Sperm Whale Edition - $3.99. This is the absolute cutest brush I've received. The little whales are too cute! K is going to absolutely love it so I'm saving for her.
Soo Ae 3 Collagen Essence Sheet Mask Set - $9. I am unfamiliar with this brand. I have rarely seen a box include three face masks before. Usually, we just get one, so this is cool.
Brightening – Lustrous Radiance
Fight dull, uneven skin! Formulated with Niacinamide, an ingredient known to help correct hyperpigmentation in the skin, brighten and dramatically improve the skin’s overall complexion and tone.
Collagen – Firming and Elasticity
Revitalize tired, stressed out skin with this specially formulated Collagen mask that will help to restore and improve its overall elasticity and firmness.
Propolis – Lifting & Radiance
Improve skin elasticity and radiance with Honey Extract, an effective ingredient that fights the harmful effects of environmental stressors that lead to sagging and loss of resilience.

This month's Ipsy bag has an approximate value of $66.14. I Love the envelope style bag, I'm always thrilled to get anything Clark's Botanicals,  and I'm super happy with the whale brush because I think K will love it.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment