Saturday, April 30, 2016

OrangeGlad January 2016 Review

OrangeGlad - is a monthly subscription service that will send you a variety of sweets and desserts every month. You should receive five items. Boxes are normally shipped during the 1st and 2nd weeks of the month.  If you find something you really love you can visit the online store to purchase more of it. There are occasional full size products, but mostly this is sent in snack size portions. Therefore, I generally won't be providing a dollar value.
Cost: $19/month
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States via USPS 
 
This review is for the January box, which I just received (I ordered late). Orange Glad includes a nice info booklet that tells about the products and the Artisans who make them.
Silk Shortbread Classic Shortbread Tea Mates - The "classic" flavor was included, but I so wish one of the other flavors were added. Lemon Zest, Mango Coconut, Chocolate Raspberry, Cherry Almond. I would have really wanted to try those.
The Cispery Cocoa Concoction Crispy cake - $4.25. I have to show you the stock photo because I didn't get a pic of the layers before I ate the entire thing. This is the best treat I have ever discovered. The layer of marshmallow in the middle is chocolate marshmallow and it's really delicious. I need more and plan to order directly from the manufacturer.
Art of Caramel Vanilla Cocoa Nib - I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds yummy. This is my kind of treat. This is a blend of chocolate, vanilla, and gourmet popcorn crunch! Not too sweet. Handmade in Pasadena.
Finally Ginger Oatmeal Cranberry Finally Ginger Cookie - Yum. I thought I would have tried this before I got around to writing, but I haven't yet. But the ingredients mix sounds amazing. This is made by Carol, who is a mom that had a finicky kid (totally relatable). I think that combo always brings out the most creative snack ideas.
Tumbador Chocolate Sweet & Salty Bar - $20. When this arrived to me it was completely liquid. It was a surprisingly hot day for this time of year and the package had been sitting in my mailbox all day long. I didn't even look at it, just threw it in the fridge. It hardened nicely and now that I've tried it I can confirm it's really good. It has just the right amount of salt to keep it from being overly sweet.

Any box with a Crispery product is going to be a hit for me, so I think you can already guess what I think of this months box.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment