Saturday, April 9, 2016

Allure Beauty Box April 2016 Review

Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society) - is curated by the editors of the Allure Magazine. It promises 5 deluxe sizes “expert approved” beauty items from luxurious brands. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.
 
Cost: $15/month or $165/Annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) via UPS Ground

DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer - $25. I don't know how much you can see from the pic, but this is a clear gel, with a double helix of peach gel running through it. It almost looks like sponges, which kind of threw me a little. The color really turns into a soft sheen.
Bvlgari Goldea Perfume - $8.78. I'm sure this is a really nice perfume, but it's completely wasted on me. Perfume samples are my least favorite to get in any sub box.
L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - $9.50. This is basically as it sounds, shower oil. It cleans and moisturizes, all in the shower. It smells yummy. If you are prone to body acne, then skip using it on your back or chest, as this is highly moisturizing. I hear it can even be used for shaving.
Fekkai Glossing Crème - $10. This is a styling crème for hair. It can work as a leave-in conditioner and detangler. It guarantees a smooth, bouncy, glossy finish.
L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Original -$6.  I've received this many times before. This is a trusted brand, and I will use this for sure. This wasn't in the info book, so it must be a bonus. It makes your lashes 5X fuller.
Mally Perfect Prep Lip Pencil - $8.67. These natural, skin-coloured lipliners are perfectly matched with long-lasting wear and a non-drying formula that doesn't crease, fade or feather. I couldn't find this exact product on the Mally website, which is a little disappointing. I did find it on QVC as part of a set. This is not the exact item that was in the info booklet, but since this is a neautral I'm more likely to use it. Also, I love the built in sharpener. Why don't more brands do that??
 
The approximate value for this box is $67.95. This is not the $75 that they guaranteed us this month, but close enough. I will everything this month except the perfume.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment