Saturday, April 30, 2016

Beauty Fix April 2016 Review

Beauty Fix - is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription box service from DermStore.com. You will receive full and travel size items worth at least $100. They send items from well known brands. All items are sold on their website. you generally get a coupon each month as well. If you are interested, contact us and we can send you an email link that will get you $10 towards your account. 
Cost: $24.95/month
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States via USPS
 
 
Beauty Fix generally sends a good amount of sample size products, with the occasional full size item. They also include an info card that explains what is included. I wish all boxes included info cards, but this is necessarily standard in this business.
Patchology Flashpatch Eye Gels - $2. I thought this was another face mask, but it's not, it's actually eye gels. I am going to use this today because I feel like my week has been really long and it's starting to show on my face. I wasn't able to find this on the DermStore website with just itself, I only found it as part of a complete eye kit, so the link is to another store.
Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer - $45. Full Size was included. This is vitamin packed and has an apple-based formula to minimize the look of fine and deep wrinkles. Antioxidant-rich hydration with organic aloe, shea, jojoba, and rich botanicals like primrose, linseed and borage. Juice Beauty is organic skin care.
SmartFX Volume Extend Mascara in Black - $20. Full Size was included. I love getting mascaras in boxes. Lately, I've been mostly testing volume mascaras, so I'm happy to get this. This has B5 in it, so it conditions and nourishes your lashes as well.
Skinceuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 - $12. I'm estimating the value since this is a small sample with no size listed, so I can't calculate the value, but I'm guessing it's about .17 oz. I can tell you that full size is $125. I can't tell you how many times I've received this brand in a box, but this particular product is new. It's an anti-aging cream that restores stuff to your skin. I would be more specific, but I'm kinda annoyed there is numbers in the title of the product.
Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40 - $4.67. This is a mineral-based sunscreen. Gives a matte finish, which I can appreciate.  I wish we had gotten full size of this. We are supposed to apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before stepping outside and reapply every 2 hours. I need to do better at this.
Bliss Fabulous Drench 'N' Quench Cream-to-Water Lock-In Moisturizer - $3.80. This is a good solid brand. This formula is lightweight, non-greasy, and is good for daily use.
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - Natural Tint - $6.25. This is said (by beauty editors) to be one of the best brands of dry shampoo out there. I like that they developed a tinted version, because this means no white residue will remain on brunettes. I don't use dry shampoo too often and I feel like we get them way too often in sub boxes.
Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat - $8. This is a keratin enriched gel coat to naturally strengthen nails and give them a pink healthy hue. I don't know what happened to my bottle, but it was unopened, yet somehow exploded in the box. I'm sure if I contacted DermStore they would send a replacement, but I'm probably not going to bother with this one.
Ahava Dead Sea Crystal Osmoter X6 Facial Serum - $12. This is an oil based serum, but is fragranced, so I'm unlikely to keep it. It's supposed to deliver intense wrinkle reduction and firming.
This months Beauty Fix box had nine items included. I like the variety. The approximate value this month is $114, which is pretty good. I'm very happy with the variety and the number of full size items included.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment