Thursday, April 28, 2016

A Review of Chrissy Teigen's Cravings Cookbook

In a world full of Kardashians be a Chrissy Teigen. Chrissy Teigen's is my spirit animal, I love love love her. She instagrams her cellulite, speaks out during mass shootings, claps back at haters, and professes her love for food. Her instagram is filled with mouth watering pictures, and I was ecstatic when she announced she was finally coming out with a cookbook. I was also stunned to learn that she also grew up in Washington and went to high school next to me. I pre-ordered her cookbook Cravings on amazon before it was released, and before Popsugar sent it out. I have had a chance to cook some of the recipes and they have been soo tasty and easy to make. I warn you that this is not a healthy eating cookbook, it is for satisfying your cravings and indulging.

The book includes the following chapters:
Breakfast All Day
Soupmaster
Salads
Noodles and Carbs
Thai Mom
Party Time 
Sh*t On Toast
Vegetable Things
Things that Intimidate People that Shouldn't 
Supper




The book is filled with beautiful photographs of her and John, and their fur babies. Each recipe also has a quick narrative of why she included it. I love these personal touches and her hilarious humor.


Mexican Street Corn. Left: Chrissy's Right: Mine.

The first recipe I tried was the Mexican Street Corn. This recipe is so simple. It is basically corn, oil, salt and pepper, cheese, mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime. This corn was so good. It has become a go to side dish for us. 

Pad Grapow Chicken (Basil Chicken). Left: Chrissy's Right: Mine.

I love Thai food. If I had to chose one cuisine to eat for the rest of my life I wouldn't even think twice. This dish was surprisingly so easy to make, and has become my favorite quick meal to make during my crazy work week. This dish consists of chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, thai chillies, vegetable oil, basil leaves, and rice. It was so flavorful and is a healthier option, so I feel less guilty indulging. 


Chrissy's Mac and Cheese with Cheesy Garlic Bread Crumbs. Left: Chrissy's Right: Mine.

Omfg I can't even put into words how amazing this dish was. My favorite food in the entire world is good old mac and cheese, but I never make it at home because the recipes usually take forever to make and are way to much work. I thought my life was destined to only be filled with box mac and cheese for the rest of my life until I found this recipe. It took less than an hour to make, was so simple, and was hands down the best mac and cheese I have ever had. I may never eat Kraft again after this! The leftovers barely made it another day, and I even got requests to make this for the next Super Bowl party. It was so saucy and rich. Next time I want to add crab, lobster, or chicken.

Next Recipes I want to try are:

Pepper's Spicy Clams and Pasta- Once we get a chance to harvest some fresh clams off the beach we are making this!


Dutch Baby Pancake- Umm can we take a minute to just take in this picture. My mouth is watering just looking at this picture. I can't wait to try this on a Sunday morning with some Ms. Butter Worths syrup.


Johns Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter- Only Chrissy can make chicken wings look gorgeous. This sounds amazing! Definitely trying this at our next BBQ. 

Overall, I can't rave about this cookbook enough. Even if you don't love Chrissy as much as I do, this cookbook is a great addition to any kitchen. The recipes are so flipping tasty and easy to make. I have discovered so many new recipes, which has gotten me excited to cook again. I can now whip up great meals during my busy work week. You can pick up Cravings at Amazon for $14.99

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment