Saturday, November 19, 2016

Glossybox November 2016 Review

GlossyBox - is a beauty subscription box that sends five products each month. There are a lot of brands that you cannot get here in the US. They send makeup, skincare, beauty tools, and other related items. They have a great rewards program that allows you to get a free box annually, and more often if you refer friends.
Cost: $21/month or $222/annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excludes Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico) and Canada via USPS.

This is the first look from when I opened the box. As you can see, one of the containers is fully opened. This is unlikely to have happened during shipment. And makes me a little disappointed in GlossyBox.
Lycopene Skin Care Crema Rinnovante - $4? Since my jar was fully opened in my box, I wanted to make sure you saw how much of the sample was actually included. Which is basically nothing. You can even see the bottom of the container. There was no spillage, so this is actually the amount, which is pretty much a teeny tiny spoon full. If your spoon was made a for a newborn. And frankly, I don't understand why you would waste such beautiful packaging on this limited size sample. The cost of the container is clearly more than the product is worth. Doesn't make sense. This is not GlossyBox fault, I blame the company that provided the sample. But the container is really gorgeous, and worth displaying on a counter, don't you think? I'm contemplating repurposing it just because. For being the feature item it's sure a letdown. Looking at other reviews, most people got about half a container. On mine you can see the bottom so I guess it was just a bad box.
Beautiful Nurtrition Grapefruit Detox Shine Repair Shampoo -  I don't know if K is still collecting these. She is mostly into oils currently, with the hair journey she has been on. But I'm saving for her just in case. Now I'm reading that this is safe for color treated hair, so she might like it after all.
Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask - $12. I love getting masks, so much that I don't even mind how small this one is. I will probably throw in my travel bag. This is full of anti-oxidants to reverse skin damage.
De Bruyere Beaute Jumbo Eye Pencil in Bubble 07 - $17. Full size. This is one of the items that was included in every box variation. This is really pretty and if I wore eye makeup I would really like this.
Gerard Cosmetics Lip Pencil - $16. Full size. Lip pencils are my least favorite item to receive in a box. I don't use them and don't really understand them. Colors varied but I received Ecstasy. Other box variations received the Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick, which I totally would have loved.
This months box just didn't do it for me. I don't even feel like calculating a value.  I'm sure I'm just jaded due to the opened face cream with the limited sample, but I can't muster up any enthusiasm for this box at all. I'm hoping the December box will get back on track.  
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment