Thursday, March 10, 2016

Allure Beauty Box March 2016 Review

Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society) - is curated by the editors of the Allure Magazine. It promises 5 deluxe sizes “expert approved” beauty items from luxurious brands. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.
Cost: $15/month or $165/Annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) via UPS Ground
 
I may have mentioned this is previous months, but the info booklet now talks about the products that are actually included in this months box. It also gives some helpful tips from the editors, since they have actually tried the products out.
Nunzio Saviano Anti-Frizz Sheets - I love that these were included. If you are not familiar, these are hair smoothing sheets that contain oil to help control frizz. And they smell like coconut. I use this type of product often, but I have never received it in travel packets, so these will work great for my travel bag.
 
Julep Konjac Cleansing Face Sponge - This is an all-natural exfoliating sponge. The key ingredient is charcoal, which is good for unclogging pores. When  first opened my box, this sponge was rock hard. A few days later the package looked like there was moisture inside. I am relieved to find out that this is normal and the sponge should look damp and humid inside the unopened package. Recommended to toss after 1 month, just like with all sponges.
DP HUE ACV - This is an apple cider vinegar-rinse that gives hair a deep clean, removes buildup and restores PH balances. This is great to use if you use dry shampoo often.
Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder - This is a loose translucent finishing powder. I am very happy to try this and it's probably my favorite item this month. It sets and "mattifies" makeup. We don't get powders too often, ocassionally, but not all that often.
Cargo Cosmetics Duo Blush in Catalina and Bronzer in Medium - This is a duo set. I do not have pics of the colors because I already know I'm not keeping this so I wanted to keep it sealed. I do like that it's a nice combo and all in travel size.
L'OrĂ©al Pro-Last Infallible Lip color in toujour teaberry #109 - This is a two step process. Apply the color, let it dry, then use the color seal side to lock in color.
Macadamia Professional Ultra Rich Moisture Cleansing Conditioner - This is a cleansing conditioner, which is something I've yet to try. This is great to add moisture to your hair as it contains macadamia oil, Argan oil, and she butter. I hear it smells like brown sugar.
This months box was pretty good. The konjac sponge and the macadamia cleansing conditioner are both new to me, I'm very happy to get the makeup forever HD loose powder, and I'm always thrilled to get hair anti-frizz sheets.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment