Friday, July 10, 2015

Cosmos Creations Premium Puffed Corn Review

Cosmos Creations kindly sent us two flavors of their Premium Puffed Corn to review. I have a weak spot for sweet and salty snacks so I was excited to finally get a chance to stop by mom's and pick them up. 
They sent us two flavors to review: Salted Caramel and Coconut Crunch.
I love salted caramel flavors, and the closer that fall gets the more excited I get for it to once again hit the market at Starbucks. I loved this one instantly! The puffs themselves are puffed corn snacks with a slight crunch. I was worried that since it is coated with caramel that it would be very sticky and crunchy like some caramel popcorns, but it wasn't. It had a light coating, which provided a nice crunch but wasn't sticking to my teeth. It has a perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Next I tried the Coconut Crunch. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. As salted caramel is my go to flavor for ice cream and coffee, I assumed that it would be my favorite. But Coconut Crunch is amazing! This one is sweeter than the other and its coconut flavor is superb. It doesn't taste like the imitation coconut flavor found in other treats at the grocery store.  I will have to buy this one again throughout the summer as I am a huge snacker and don't have much time to cook meals.

I was really happy with the flavors and the product. The most important factor for me when determining if I will buy a food product again is the ingredients, and this product passed my requirements. First of all, it is non-GMO corn, which can be really hard to find in products these days. They also uses cane sugar instead of high fructose syrup. The Coconut Crunch uses organic coconut oil. Due to the health concerns of using such ingredients I try to avoid them at all costs, and I am really happy that Cosmo Creations has decided to use healthier ingredients. Both of these are also gluten free and would be great options for those who are gluten intolerant. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Cosmos Creations is local to the Pacific Northwest, which makes me even happier to purchase because money goes to supporting a local business. They also have other flavors that I hope I get to try in the future; Sea Salt and Butter, Sea Salt and Vinegar, Cinnamon Crunch, Caramel and Aged Cheddar, and Cracked Pepper. Stores around me that sell them are Haggen and Albertsons. The price is $4.99 for a 6.5 oz bag.

Overall, I would highly recommend these products from Cosmo Creations. If you are looking for tasty sweet and salty snacks then I would recommend trying them. The flavors are amazing, the texture and consistency throughout the puffs are great, there are no kernels, and they use healthier ingredients than what other snacks on the market contain.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment