Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Allure Beauty Box September 8, 2015 Review

 
Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society) is a $15 monthly subscription box service. They send 5-7 deluxe size beauty products each month, although I can tell you there is the occasional full size. This feels different to me since it's no longer sample society, but I think most folks are saying they don't see the difference.
The info booklet is nice and tells about the products, gives tips and advice on using them, and tells you exactly what the Allure testers think. That last one is actually my favorite part, because they don't always just rave about the products, they tell you all both good/bad thoughts. It also tells you where you can buy the products, which is a nice touch.
 
Tangle Tweezer - $10.99. This is normally $15, but I found it online for $10.99, so I'm going with that price. The Tangle Teezer Original Detangling Brush is a very unique professional detangling brush that is ideal for all hair types, wet or dry. People rave about this brush, enough where I'm actually going to try it.
Soap & Glory Pillow Plump XXL Lip Gloss in Pinkwell - $5.95. This is normally $14 for full size, but I found it online for $11.90, so I'm using that. The testers reported this is definitely sticky at first, and they did not actually notice any results as far as "bee-sting plumpness". But they did love the rich moisturizing gloss and the pretty pink sheer was flattering on all testers.
Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener - $7.05. I am very fond of the Jane Iredale brand. This makeup primer is something I'm excited to try. It won an Allure Best of Beauty Award. It's said to absorb excess oil yet does not dry out your skin.
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Milk - $5. This is a great brand and a general favorite of beauty bloggers. This leave-in deep conditioning spray is parabens free, sulfate free, and phthalates free. Even though this is a spray, it's recommended to spray into your hand and then smooth through your hair. Some testers reported a strong citrusy scent, like mojitos, and that fragrance reportedly lingers.
 
Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic - $2.21. This is just the cutest little bottle of toner I have ever seen. We don't see toner in boxes too often, so I'm happy to see this little travel size. It's going straight into my travel bag because I don't actually have this in there yet. The last time I received a small bottle of toner, I was very unhappy with it, but I can already tell I'll like this one better. And it gets great reviews. There is a $2 Target coupon included. Were you aware that Pixi by Petra is now sold at Target? I was not.   
 
Kaplan MD Cellular Rejuvenating Concentrate - $17. This is a little bottle of very expensive serum, an oz is $170. I love this and it will be perfect for my travel bag. With serum, a little goes a long way, and the testers report that with this stuff you only need a drop.
Erno Laszlo Firmarine Bar Soap - $8.75. This is pretty small and I don't like that at all. This is also a face hydrating/moisturizing shea butter bar, which I am not in need of for my combination skin. Also, as I'm researching this, I learned I apparently have been washing/rinsing my face incorrectly all these years.
The value for this months box is approximately $56.09, which is a nice value for what these type boxes normally are. I mostly like getting these kinds of sub boxes to get my travel bag stocked, and this month did not disappoint me on that.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment