Sunday, April 26, 2015

Allure Sample Society April 2015 Review

Allure Sample Society is a monthly subscription box is $15/month, plus shipping. I am not a fan of sub boxes charging shipping. I have had this subscription box before and then cancelled due to the items being unreasonably small, and no full size items were ever included. Sample Society was taken over by Allure, and reinvented. They promised better brands and better samples. I have been hanging on a few months, but have not noticed a difference in the types of products/brands/sizes. Therefore, I made the difficult decision to cancel my subscription again. I still received this one last box this month. I am not including prices, because it's a waste of my time to try to calculate the value for something so small.   
They always include an info card, which is really helpful. In the past, the card used to talk about items that were not even included. This is one change I fully support.
Hairdresser's Invisible Oil - I absolutely love this brand!!! I have received some samples from my hair stylist, but I jsut don't use hair oil on my hair. I know it's good for combatting the frizzies, but I just don't like the feel of oil, no matter how lightweight it is. I generally use a cream, sometimes mixed with a small drop of serum, but the less the better for me.
Daisy Dream Marc Jacobs Perfume Sample - I've received this before, but I can't tell you which box. This has notes of blackberry, grapefruit, pear, jasmine, lychee. blue wisteria, white woods, musk and coconut water. This is a strict no perfume household, especially anything that smells floral, so this is not a good fit for me.
Benefit Cosmetics the Porefessional - I love this brand, and love this product. I use this often. This is a much smaller sample than I've received in other boxes, but will go in my travel bag for a weekend getaway. You an use this over or under makeup. Its designed to cover pores, but works well to keep makeup in place also.
Illume Tonka Noir Candle - I love that a candle was included, and I don't even mind the size. I do not mix well with this floral scent, so this is also a miss for me.
Mt. Sapola USA Lavender-Chamomile Body Lotion - I'm unable to use anything with Lavender, so this is also not a good fit for me.  
Jane Iredale Rio Just Kissed Lip Plumper - Cool mint and ginger plus special peptides give moisture and visible plumping that lasts. These mini lipsticks are great for a travel bag, or small evening purse, so I actually love getting them. This has a great color and the added ingredients to help be a lip plumper. This is a hit for me.
I did not calculate values this month, but I looked up what a few other bloggers are saying and they seem to feel it's around $16. I would agree with that. Even the items that were great, the sizes are too small to feel like you got something for the cost. I am not changing my mind about cancelling, because even after reviewing this box I still feel it's a little disappointing. I did give my feedback to Sample Society and one of the choices on cancelling is "the sizes are too small", which is what I checked. Because size does matter.
`A                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment