Saturday, July 30, 2016

Allure Beauty Box July 2016

Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society) - is curated by the editors of the Allure Magazine. It promises 5 deluxe sizes “expert approved” beauty items from luxurious brands. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.
Cost: $15/month or $165/Annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) via UPS Ground


Full look at the items included.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - $14.88. This brand always reminds me of the '80's. I'm sure the products are good, but I think what prevents me from being excited about this is the brand just doesn't feel new or fresh to me. Ever. A few drops goes a long ways.
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - $9. This primer is oil free and doesn't clog pores. You wear this on top of your moisturizer, but under your foundation.
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft cream - $18.70. This is a new brand to me so I don't have any opinion, but it does get great reviews online. It's quite pricy. I am happy they put the size of the sample on the label, because it made it much easier to determine the value.
 
Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry - $11.50. I think this is probably 2/3's of full size, but I am estimating half, so that's where I came up with the price. I happen to be currently using the full size version of this, same color even, so I'm showing you a pic of it next to the other. What I like about this is it gives a subtle pop of color, which looks quite natural when your wearing it.
Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment - $17.25. Glamglow is one of my favorite finds from sub boxes, and I will never ever get tired of receiving any Glamglow items. This is a facial mask that fights breakouts.
This months box has an approximate value of $71.33. My favorite this month of course is the Glamglow. but I'm also happy with the Clinique stick since it's something I use, and I'm looking forward to trying the la mer cream.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment