Sunday, November 10, 2013

FabFitFun Fall 2013 Review

Sorry about being so late on this review but still wanted to post it. FabFitFun is my favorite subscription box so far! Even though their initial first two boxes have had issues their customer service remains helpful and the products so far are my favorite form the other boxes. It cost $49.99 a quarter.





Bright Pink's Brighten Up Guide and Alert Sticker: The box arrived in October which is breast cancer awareness month. Also this must be an important issue for Guiliana as she is a breast cancer survivor. The Guide has 5 questions every woman should ask her doctor and 5 ways to be bright pink. I love the alert system and i think that it's a really great way for women to remember to check them selves on a regular bases. 


Drinkwel Capsules ($2.95): I was actually really excited for these. As I am getting older its getting harder on my system to drink so anything that helps is welcomed. I will have to update once I try them to see if they actually work.


Barre3 Standing Slim Workout DVD (& online program) ($19.95): I love workout DVDs and have been wanting to try Barre for a while now, so I was really excited when I saw this!



Orville Redenbacher Gourmet Naturals Popcorn ($2): I am always happy to receive food! I love that its a slightly more healthy popcorn option because I hate normal popcorn and it's are full of calories. However,  popcorn bags do have PFOA which is a chemical linked to cancer and infertility and with this being Guiliana's box I thought that they would be more considerate of things like this. But I will eat it, and very happy to find another less fat option!


SpaRitual Lacquer ($12): I love this color. My mother received a brown tan one. As their website states "SpaRitual offers products that avoid harsh chemicals, artificial colorants, chemical preservatives, synthetic fragrance and chemical sunscreens wherever possible." I am very happy they are a more "green" conscious brand and does not have the harsh chemicals. I am excited to try this festive color for the holidays. 



Heath Warrior Chia Bar (coconut) ($1.56): I am happy to find another snack to try during my work week. I hope it tastes good.


Mini Game Packs ($1): These are a mini set of cards from the games “Loaded Questions” and “Awkward Family Photos”. These will be fun to play at dinner or lunch with friends.



Gorjana Canary Scarf ($57): I was happy to see a scarf in the fall box. I love this scarf but its a little more sheer than I would have liked. We also received a $25 G&G gift card. I found a few necklaces that I love but even with the gift card it was still pretty expensive for the quality of their items. Well see if I order... 


Starlooks 5 Shade Shadow Palette (Ibiza) ($41): I was surprised that this eye shadow is so expensive. There isn't any ingredients listed, so I am assuming this has parabens. But I love the colors and I will most likely throw in the gift box.


Surface Trinity Protein Cream ($24) I was excited to try this! It is 100% organic, eco-friendly, gluten-free, sulfate-free, petrolatum/mineral oil-free, DEA/TEA-free, PVP-free, vegan and and uses sustainably harvested ingredients. Its a repairing spray lotion that smooths and strengthens hair.  Hopefully this helps my overly processed hair. 


Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam ($28): This item was not in the box but was mailed separately. The fall boxes were delayed being shipped out due to suppliers being late sending these to FFF so they decided to ship the boxes without it and ship it separately. I LOVE this face wash. Its been really difficult finding face washes that are paraben free so I was very happy to see this. I have been using The Body Shop's Aloe line but it isn't soaking up theoil on my combination skin, so this stuff has been working for me much better. Its foaming and has a light tangerine-y scent that I love. Paired with my clarisonic mia this is working great for my skin. I will most likely repurchase once I run out.


All said and done the items in this box  totaled to about $190 and I payed $49.99 a quarter so this was a great deal and introduced me to some great products that I love! I cannot wait for the next box! If you want to sign up you can use the code EARLYBIRD5 to save $5.
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment