Friday, November 22, 2013

Escape Monthly November 2013 - Vermont Review

I received the Escape Monthly box today. This month's theme is Vermont. I really like the information pamphlet they send on the products, it helps explain.



I'm just gonna go ahead and apologize for the quality of the pictures. I haven't quite gotten the hang of getting rid of the glare, but yet still making the camera focus.



The travel guide! Vermont of course! I don't actually ever read these books. Instead of travel books, I wish they would send history books. Or books that talk about the culture of the area. To me, that would be a lot more interesting.
 
                                                                       
 
 
   I was expecting something maple, and this did not disappoint. The 1st item I came across was these Dislter's Maple Pretzels. They were pretty crunchy, and I can definitely taste the maple. I'm impressed. Also, I am pretty proud of myself for remembering to get a picture prior to ripping into it. The info card tells us this started from an 8th grade assignment, and 10% of the profits go to the Burlington Shelter. So, that's pretty cool.
 
 
The next item was Quinn Vermont Maple & Sea Salt Popcorn. This was listed as a bonus item. It sounds like such a unique combo that I can't wait to try it.

 
Lake Champlain Vermont Chocolates. I love chocolate and these are made from Vermont Maple Syrup, fresh cream, and local honey.



True North Granola Snack Pack. This is Ginger flavor. It's a small snack size bag, 1.6 oz. It's gluten free. Overall it's pretty tasty. 

Nature's Mysteries Twilight Face Cream. This is a sample size, I think. The jar was about 1/3 full. The info card say it provides both UV protection and anti-aging properties. Reduce and reverse the aging process with each use. Well, I'm all about that!


The next item was Way Out Wax Escentual Love Tea Lights (sorry about the poor pic). I have been meaning to pick up some tea lights, so when I saw this I was actually excited. But then I discovered it was scented tea lights. I normally like scented candles, and Escape Monthly has included them in every box I have received. But, this has lavender (allergic), rosewood, and patchouli (ugh). They smell pretty strong and I have not even opened the box. These go into the gift out box.



 Whisper Hill Olive Oil Soap. I don't even know what to think of Olive Oil soap. The card says it's a Vermont favorite, and supposed to be good for your skin. I really love Olive Oil ice cream, and I never thought that combo would work. So, I'm totally willing to try this. I hope it's as good as the ice cream.



Really sorry about this last pic, I just cannot get this camera to focus. The item is Belle Savon Peppermint Lavender Shea Butter. I saw Shea Butter and immediately put this in my purse. But then I read the info card and discovered there is Lavender, so out it came. Into the gift box it goes.

 
 Next Month is ITALY, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for that!



 If you are interested in Escape Monthly, this is a link they sent me to share with my friends.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment