Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Allure Beauty Box February 2016 Review

Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society) - is curated by the editors of the Allure Magazine. It promises 5 deluxe sizes “expert approved” beauty items from luxurious brands. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.
 
Cost: $15/month or $165/Annually
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) via UPS Ground
 
Full look at the February Box.  I don't include prices for this box, mostly because everything is generally sample sized.
Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream - This hand cream is paraben free, phthalates free, and the best part, scent free. This is a really thick hand cream. It does take a minute to soak in. Works very well and is my favorite item in the box. I would like to swap for more.
Bulgari Omnia Paraiba - Notes of passion fruit, biograde orange (a bittersweet orange scent), passion flower, gardenia, cocoa beans, and vetiver. Since this is perfume, I will not be keeping. I really love the "bottle" design.
Hello Breath Spray - This is an alcohol free breath freshener. Who doesn't love a good breath spary? Great for after coffee. This came in a couple different flavors, Mojito Mint, tart Pink Grapfruit Mint, and Supermint. I received Supermint.
 
Kevin Murphy Hydrate-me Wash and Rinse - For normal or dry hair. This is sulfate free. This cleanses and conditions gently enough to use on any hair type. I have not tried this, but it is said to smell like lemon cake. It's got shea butter and evening-primrose oil, and kakdu plum (antioxidant). I'm still on the fence about trying, but may do so this weekend.
LancĂ´me Visionnaire Nuit Beauty Sleep Perfector Advanced Multi-Correcting Gel-in-Oil - I have never cared for face oil and this just sounds weird to me. A "gel-in-oil" basically feels like a gel coming out of the container, and melts into an oil as you rub it into your skin. It also contains a floral scent, which is just another reason I'm not keeping.
Pur-lisse Daily Lip Nourisher - This is a lip moisturizer, and works very well. No parabens or petrolatum. Key ingredients are mango-seed buter, shea butter, jojoba oil, rice-bran oil, and vitamin E. It is scent free. This is one of my favorite items this month. Goes on easy and works really well.
This is one of the better boxes from Allure Beauty Box. I feel they are really stepping up their game this year. I am happy I resigned up for this one because I love the mix of products, the brand names, and the usefulness of the items.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment