Sunday, December 13, 2015

Allure Beauty Box December 2015

Allure Beauty Box is curated from the editors of the Allure Magazine. This is the only editor curated box that I know of. It promises at least 5 sample, deluxe items ever month. $15 monthly. It comes with a great info card "mini magazine" that tells you why they picked what they picked, how to use it, and why they like it.

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - This is one of the more popular dry shampoo brands. It does have a floral type scent, but I hear that doesn't last too long. It applies like a white powder, but brushes out easily.
Illume Blackberry Absinthe Candle - A scented paraffin-and-soy wax candle. Blackberry and orange with a hint of patchouli and sandalwood. Oh this was so promising. Up to the point of "patchouli". Bleh! I like getting candles, but they are really hit and miss with me since fragrance is important.
Pop Beauty Kajal Pen in Inky Purple - We get a lot of eyeliners in sub boxes, but I'm happy this is something other than black. One hint from allure, the sponge on the end that is meant for smudging works better as an eraser. Good to know.
Eau Thermale Avene Body Oil - I love getting body oils, we do not get them often enough, and when we do, they tend to have a terrible fragrance. This fragrance isn't the worst, but it's not sweet smelling either. My elbows and knees want to try it. Also, I just found out I have been pronouncing this brand wrong. I can't tell you the correct way to say it, only that what I have been saying was wrong.
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic - An antioxidant serim with a blend of vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid. Protects against free radicals. Full size is $162, just to give you an idea. I heard that were three different items that could be included this month, this is the exact one I really wanted so I am extremely thrilled I got it. I seriusly love this brand! Absolutely my favorite item this month!
http://www.smashbox.com/primerguide/index.tmpl
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Oil Free - I have gotten this many times before. It really does work well to help your makeup stay put all day. It is very light and not noticeable. If your skin is oily prone, use this instead of a moisturizer. I would not call this the top brand primer, but I would say it's a very good product.
Chap Stick total Hydration in Soothing Vanilla - Love getting chapsticks, lip balms, I really go through them. My car chapstick is almost out so this is replacing it.
I really loved the curation this month. I think this is one of the best Allure Beauty boxes I have gotten. We just recently started up again, and I'm happy we did. I think the total hydration chapstick really did it for me, LOL. But thank you for the skinceuticals!
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment