Saturday, June 25, 2016

Play! By Sephora June 2016 Review

Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription box curated by Sephora! They send a five deluxe samples and a fragrance sample each month. This is an excellent way to build up your inventory, collect travel size products for your travel bag, and to try out different brands before investing in a full size purchase. The items should be products that are currently trending. You can also find out more about the products by using PLAY! BOOK with the Sephora To Go app. This is the only subscription box I know of that distributes information this way. If you are thinking about this subscription, just get on the waitlist because the wait can take forever!
Cost: $10
How Often: Monthly
Ships To: United States (lower 48) via USPS
They send a makeup bag each month, but this is not like a zippered pouch so I truly have no idea what to do with it!
This is the entire bag this month. I am pleased it has so many different items.
Tarte TarteGuard Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion  - $4.33. I love getting sunscreen in boxes, so even if it's only spf 30 I'm still pleased to receive it. It's a pretty small bottle but I really like the packaging.
BECCA Backlight Priming Filter - $7.60. This is a primer that helps blur imperfections. I really do want to try this but I can't imagine anything working better than L'Oréal Revitalift Miracle Blur.
Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara  - $8. If you do subs long enough, you will receive this mascara over and over and over. It's a good solid brand and good mascara so I'm not disappointed to get it again.
Bumble & Bumble Don’t Blow It Hair Cream – - $3.10. I love getting Bumble and Bumble products, so this is a hit for me also. I do wish this sample were bigger, but a little does go a long ways. This is designed for when you air dry your hair, which is something I don't do very often, and controls frizz and fly aways.
BareMinerals BareSkin Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer - $2.80. I'm over bronzers. Just over it. I actually like my porcelain skin.
Tocca Florence  - $1. Meh! They do send a fragrance sample each month. I'm sure this is nice but I don't need them to send me any fragrances.
This months bag has an approximate value of $26.83.  This month there are is only one item I won't use, but the curation still feels average. There has yet to be a month that has really wowed me, and I kind of expected a little more from Sephora.
`A

No comments:

Post a Comment